ratsun newbie introduction

Wanted to introduce myself as I have just purchased a '72 620 pickup and joined the fun. Here she be:

0F9y5l.jpg

It's been lowered 3", has a weber 32/36, and Doug Thorley header. And half a flat-black paintjob.

My name is Phil, I am a San Diego native currently residing in Carlsbad. I've been into cars all my life, mostly focusing on fox-body Mustangs. Happy to get into something pre-smog!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so are 620's, if u dehook and blend the bullet in the bed i think they look sick! want a 620 car ute thing, the 2 door sedan with the mini bed and tailgate

hells ya me to! DEHHOOK THE BED!!!! :no: longbed 5 hooks for the win!! but datsun trucks are better than datsun cars in general... :)

they didnt change anythign cept how the hood fender doesnt drop off to clear the l series! look at the shape of the grill opening and headlight area, and the body line down the side where the door handle is, they use the same door handle.

haha nothing like a thread-jack to test a n00b's potential. i am still here!

plans call for finishing off the PO's flat black paintjob (still needs most of the cab done, and the touchup. it was literally a spray-and-pray job, overspray is EVERYWHERE. that is gettin fixed. other than that, it has no radio, a dead speedo, and no tach. so speed is estimated by sound blink.gif. oh and the muffler is rusting off so it is a loud & angry ratsun. i've got a good exhaust shop locally that will be fixing that up soon. i like my cars clean and simple, and i figure the 620 is a perfect platform for such ideals. my parents are big into cars and used to have a few 620's so they will be of help as well.

it will be a driver for me as my mustang is burning oil on the passenger bank ohmy.gif and so the mustang needs to spend some time in pieces as punishment.

edit: oh yeah pics coming soon when i can get it washed and painted!

and here is the mustang in question:

zQ0oDl.jpg

it's got edelbrock heads & intake, 2.5" exhaust, coilovers all around, cobra brakes, tremec t3550 5-speed, 3.73 posi rearend, etc etc etc. lots of fun but not a daily!