280zx tocico blues and spring rate?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know how high of a coilover spring rats a zx tocico blue insert can dampin?

You can call them they will tell you probably around 450# but depending on what your doing I dont think they will last that long at that spring rate 300# would be ok I think for your car even with the SR in it, should be compliant enough for street driving and enough for an autocross application

Clayton

I wonder if its the shock and not the spring I know the blues are really stiff shock both on compression and rebound Troy has replaced a few sets for customers because the ride was to "STIFF"

Clayton

This is interesting.

The struts I plan to run on my 710 are '84 Maxima and come apart. I've drained them and substituted 20 W motorcycle fork oil to increase the damping. I'm assuming the watery hydraulic fluid that was in there was 5W. Fork oil comes in a variety of different weights so if I find this too stiff I can replace with something lighter.

I wonder if its the shock and not the spring I know the blues are really stiff shock both on compression and rebound Troy has replaced a few sets for customers because the ride was to "STIFF"

Clayton

I wonder if it is both to stiff of spring and to stif of shock. I am getting high friquincey

Bounce.

Plus I hit a good size bump the other day and bounced so hard my wheels left the ground and bounced 2 more times. I have not had anything like that happen since I had a regal on switches 13 years a go. Scared the crap out of me. Now I don't want to drive it any more till I fix it.

This is interesting.

The struts I plan to run on my 710 are '84 Maxima and come apart. I've drained them and substituted 20 W motorcycle fork oil to increase the damping. I'm assuming the watery hydraulic fluid that was in there was 5W. Fork oil comes in a variety of different weights so if I find this too stiff I can replace with something lighter.

I did this with my 4 door a long time ago but I can't remember what oil I used. It worked god till I blew a o ring . Then I bought some koni's

I wonder if it is both to stif of spring and to stif of shock. I am getting high friquincey

Bounce. I hit a good size bump the other day and bounced so hard my wheels left the ground and bounced 2 more times. I have not had anything like that happen since I had a regal on switches 13 years a go. Scared the crap out of me. Now I don't want to drive it any more till I fix it.

I'm running 350# fronts right now with TRD inserts (Rebadged AGX) and dont have any issues even with them set on full stiff rebound its not comfy to drive but its not scary like your talking about... You know about 10 years ago I codrove with a friend in a fox body mustang we had got a set of OLD Konis for free new in the box but because they were stored on their side for to long they pretty much locked up solid after about a week and gave that feeling... Maybe you have a bad set of shocks???

the HP's have super horrible rebound damping.

I wouldn't run anything stiffer than 200# springs on them.

the stupid thing with HP's is their compression damping is super stiff, but the rebound is really bad, so even with a soft spring they still feel firm.

I had HPs on my car a looong time ago with some 450-550# springs and bounced all over the place and the car rode like crap

I used the same springs but with Koni 86-1919 red shocks for a Rabbit set to full stiff and the car has NO bounce whatsoever, however I am going with softer springs to make the car ride and handle better.

I used the same springs but with Koni 86-1919 red shocks for a Rabbit set to full stiff and the car has NO bounce whatsoever, however I am going with softer springs to make the car ride and handle better.

Yeah baby Koni Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tockico blues are good shocks but best left for 180 pounds or lighter.

spring soo stiff it will the valveing will not handle the force cuasr it has only one setting.