Looking for weber jet numbers

ddhacor

Hi Guys.

I've searched a bunch and can't seem t get a good answer for what I'm looking for...

What jets are you runing in your 32/36 on an L20 (78 620)?

I pulled a 32/36 off a 240Z and rebuilt it, installed it on my new/rebuilt w58 peanut head. Stock cam. Pistons +50. GM ignition mudule. New coil (not a High perf).

From the JY it had:

55 50 Prm/Sec Idle

130 145 Prim/Sec Main

I've changed to:

60 55 Prm/Sec Idle

145 130 Prim/Sec Main

I increased the jet size because I was backfiring on decelleration and occasionally on accelleration.

After the change, I'm still backfiring on decelleration, especially when the secondary had been open. Acceleration is good if I hammer it, but sucks if I'm gradually trying to go faster.

I'm also backfiring those little mini backfires when i'm just running it in idle in the driveway (setting it up per the weber specs). The thing is, my muffler is toast so I may not hear those mini's if I had a functional muffler.

I'm thinking that going t a 65 idle jet is too much maybe, so I wanted to check with you guys to see what your thoughts were...

Timing is good and I tried two diff dizzys with same result.

Thanks,

Bob

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going through a similar thing with my Weber.:D

Not sure what my jetting is yet but I have noticed it is acting like there is not enough manifold pressure to pull fuel from the primary sometimes??

I have a man choke and what I do for now is pull the choke until the backfiring stops and then let it back out once I am where I want to be on the throttle. This works;)....not a solution but may help until you figure out the fine tuning. If you get it fixed please keep us updated.

I am running an L16 and the Weber I have came off an L18.

Thanks for the info guys. I put my 55/50 idle back in and I'm gonna start from scratch with new plugs. I'll pull the plugs an go that route to see if I'm rich or not.

With the 55/50 in there, I can real gradually bring the throttle up high and let go with no backfire. It's when I do it quick that I get all the noise when I release. I'm taking that to mean that my issue lies in the main jetting. I'm gonna bring those way down to reese's 125/115 and go up. Maybe start at 130/120 since I've got the L20.

When I figuire this crap out I'll let you know.

Sorry, i dont have any that are that small. Curious what you are installing that small of main jets on.

Factory Weber settings are very generic, but they work good for an L20

Primary main 140

Secondary main 140

Primary air corrector 170

Secondary air corrrector 160

Primary emulsion tube F50

Secondary emulsion tube F50

Primary idle jet 60

Secondary idle jet 50

Pump jet 50

Thought that some of this info would be good to just have archived. This info was taken off the Weber link form the racetep.com website for those of you that want more detailed info that site has lots of very good weber tuning info.

Not sure what all of my jets are with my L20, but i do remember that the mains are both 140 and the idles jets are both 50's.

The jets numbers just seemed a little small for a L16 even, but if you have had them work good for you in another motor then you have more experience with them than me.

Jason