blessed with a 74 bulletside

and to Rob .... sorry you are bothered i dont understand what questions i ignored?? i dont get on here often but it seems more often latly due to posts beeing made..... and honestly if you are bothered by my actions or shall i say post's i dont know what to tell you. i dont joke with folks i dont know and i am not uppety or up tight in any way. i didnt joke back nor did i give BS back in any way. to each his own and sorry it bothered you. if you only knew me:P !!! it sems you are judgeing without knowing....??? have a blessed one guys!!!

BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well as far as the rain issue goes....?? we are screwed there it was chopped when we got it and thats where its staying...?? and the idea is to bagg and boddy drop that thing and possibly do a tilt back bed...? fuel cell and nice exauhst....?? our ministry mechanic said to get a boost controller and an adjustable waste gate and then tune this thing. we want the show look with the capability of a descent 1/4 mile time? we want to do a roll cage but not sure its our ministry project so all in favore ? I:lol: !!!!

If you notice excessive vibration it will likely be the lack of rubber isolators in the motor mounts.

datsunmotormounts-1.jpg

The 620 used a one piece steering box and column and the KA has a front sump right where the steering cross rod goes. How will you deal with this?

74framNmotor.jpg

??? i dont know how we will deal with the steering column issue but im glad i have good friends with input on this site and if all else fails i will ghetto rigg something.... pray for us!!! and dont worrie we have a welder on hand :lol: and you know it beeing an import we always carry duct tape and zip ties !!! and wire hangers lol

74turbo2.jpg

If you're running an upper mount turbo manifold, what are your plans for the brake master cylinder? From this pic, it looks like the booster barely clears.

datsunday4-1.jpg

As for the cage, I'd absolutely recommend it. Not only because it's a chop top, but because if you're running a turbo'd KA in this thing, it's just the common sense safe thing to do; there's no way that windshield and A-pillars are going to keep you safe in case of a rollover. And aside from the day to day safety of it, if you're going to be doing 1/4 miles in this pickup, you probably wouldn't even be allowed on the track without some form of cage.

Good luck to you on this one.

ok as far as the top mount turbo its not much room but it has about 4 inches and i know or believe our ministry mechanic found a smaller master cylinder with a side ways mounted reseviore....? not positive on that yet but i know he has that all figured out... i think we are gonna look for a cab due to all the issues with the chop top deal. we were given the truck like this so we can either work with it or replace the cab and at this piont we are stuck on what to do... i say leave it chopeed and cage it but all in all its a ministry project not just mine. all in favore of a new cab??? dry.gif

we still have to get the down pipe made and at that piont we will work around the master cylinder... ???? we could relocate it???? just an idea................ and for anyone wondering we do need help with ideas and if anyone has done this swap any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys :cool: :P :D

intense thank you.... let me know what chukie says. NWO i will look at these websites and hope we can get something to fit.... the fram mount might not due to the truck getting body dropped unless we oppt out of that cause you know brakes are needed. BUT IF TS BODDY DROPPED I CAN AIR IT OUT AND STILL STOP!!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...