need opinions

ok so ever since i sold my 620 ive missed having a datsun. so my plan is by the end of summer i will have enough cash to buy another. i want a 4x4 to make a wheelin truck, and i was wonderin wich would be a better candidate a 720 4x4, or a 620 4x4?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a factory 620 4x4, but there are dealer conversions.

dat77, find a 720 4x4. 620 body would almost fit right on, min mods... Maybe have to fudge with the rod IIRC, datsunmike did that to his, but he went a lot further then just a body swap.

620 conversions use jeep axles (straight axle ftw!) 720 uses IFS, which is ok, but meh... Ive wheeled some 720 4x4s, they do fine. They have good low end power, and a good low end 1st gear in 4wd. I dig em. hell i got one :D Just gotta finish putting it together.

not a factory 620 4x4, but there are dealer conversions.

dat77, find a 720 4x4. 620 body would almost fit right on, min mods... Maybe have to fudge with the rod IIRC, datsunmike did that to his, but he went a lot further then just a body swap.

620 conversions use jeep axles (straight axle ftw!) 720 uses IFS, which is ok, but meh... Ive wheeled some 720 4x4s, they do fine. They have good low end power, and a good low end 1st gear in 4wd. I dig em. hell i got one :D Just gotta finish putting it together.

ok thnaks izzo, if i cant find a 620 4x4 then ill go with a 720

I Would Buy A Cheap POS 620 And Build It From There Using A 720 4X4 Chassis :cool:

Wait a second I just caught this you can't use cheap, POS, and 620 in the same sentence. The more sensitive owners prefer terms like economically priced and severely infected with iron oxide. But POS simply is not allowed.

Thank you for your consideration,

620 owners everywhere