Brake line flaring tools

Eastcoast521

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the HF unit a total POS, and returned it. Borrowed an Old Forge Tools flaring kit a friend bought over 20 years ago...all the difference in the world, but wouldn't mind something better.

But let's hear from Mister Brake Conversion. Yo! Mike 2.0! How'd that fancy flaring tool you bought (last year? year before?) work? Worth the price?

Pete

the blue point/ snapon one is really good. its a hydrolic hand pumped setup and does double flare, metric bubble flare, oring flare. everything and its easy to use. not sure on the price my dad works for snapon so he got it cheap if not free

I have had horrible luck with the crapenese flaring tools. They usually work for 3-4 flairs and then the line start slipping in the clamp.

I have since bought the small manual flair kit from snap on/blue point and have had zero problems with it in the last seven or so years. Money well spent....

the blue point/ snapon one is really good. its a hydrolic hand pumped setup and does double flare, metric bubble flare, oring flare. everything and its easy to use. not sure on the price my dad works for snapon so he got it cheap if not free

According to the Snap-on site, the Master Flaring Set is $481.70. The hydraulic ram alone is $417.

The small manual Blue Points run from $50 to $150-ish.

...and I just subscribed to this forum, which is why I've been posting to it. I don't subscribe to all of the forums..to much bs on some.....so if someone has a question...please pm me with a link to the thread :)