Auto tranny? What years?

73super

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got one that needs a rebuild... :D even have the shifter :D

So your truck was originally an auto? Hmmmm... I don't think I've ever seen one advertised in my area before.

I remember taking Driver's Ed back in the 70's in a Datsun 710 with an auto.. boy was that thing gutless.. perfect for wife. I also have a buddy who's handicapped and would like to get him into something. I'd consider doing up a truck for him too.

All years of 620s had an Automatic as an option. I've seen a couple, I had one that was at one time but was just a parts truck by then (a manual conversion had been started but never finished). All 620s used the same A/T - JATCO 3N71B. Pretty stout transmission; I have one hooked to the Z24 in my '81 510, and they used it in the turbo ZX. They also made a 4-speed A/T for the last 2 years of the RWD Maxima, but those are pretty hard to find and aren't exactly bolt-in compatible (longer).

My '78 parts truck was an auto.

3N71B and L4N71B (84 Maxima Goon) in back. They aren't exactly the same length, but close. Rear mounts are different. Starting around '83 the 720 (Z24) got the L3N71B with locking torque converter. Wouldn't be hard to swap an L bell onto it. I like hearing that it an auto... means that it didn't get the livin' shit driven out of it.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/IMG_0152.jpg[/img]"]IMG_0152.jpg