91 Mazda Miata

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my Miata real close to the 125 mark, but it was turning almost 7500rpm. I let off because the engine was starting to vibrate, probably bout to explode. I did have the crank pulley welded to the bolt because the crank key way was gone.

43630002-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice!!!

That'll for sure work!

on a scale of 1- impossible for difficulty..?

I'd say it is a 5, just because its more time consuming then labor intensive. Holding a soldering iron steady is a lot of work at times for me. I'd do it again if I needed another MS, just I wont be building my own harness this time.

• 1 month later...

Just a tad bit of an update, I know lacking OIC's but been busy between doctors, work, and car.

I've got the new clutch in and the car is a whole lot different, I've got stainless bolts for the turbo on the way. Looking around at other peoples 1.6L miatas

http://www.miataturb...ead.php?t=50724 this makes me a happy camper on the 14b, 200hp at 11psi with 460cc injectors.

I am hoping to get 180ish to the wheels on this setup (TD05-14b, 305CC injectors, LC-1 wbo2, FMC, and straight pipe exhaust) considering I only have around 500 bucks into the turboing I should be golden at $6.50 an hp, considering the total cost of the car is below 2500 I feel pretty good about it overall.

I'm thinking of building a DIY water injection to help out things, also going to be doing a bit of body work to give the intercooler some more room.

• 4 weeks later...

Held off on turboing the engine for now, had issues on the highway with megasquirt tuning. I managed to get it fixed after a week of running tunerstudio's auto tune feature and replacing the o2 sensor on my wideband.

I'm working on installing a netbook into the car as a carputer, also debating on stripping the paint off the hood and polishing it up since its aluminum.

2lxdrtf.jpg

I like it, but think I might hit the car with some satin black paint after polishing the hood.

• 2 months later...

Well just a bit of an update on the miata since it was wrecked. I don't think the Datto gods like us having miatas.

Framerails bent to fuck and back, but car is not junk I'll be cutting them out and welding in new ones. Working on building a cage to help stiffen the already damaged structure of the car, the parts that matter are straight but just those frame rails are fucked.

I also getting rid of the barndoors for these which I just bought:

hsl6xt.jpg

Have a gallon of satin black and paint remover on stand by, for now I'm not buying new wheels as still super pissed about the work equips.