cylinder head question

BRE_dAtSuN

hrh yeah i think i am running a bit lean havent had a chance to check my jets since i have been working on some other cars pretty late to make some money... i did disconnect the vacuum advance as hainz told me... i have matchbox distributor and i beleive its like at 6 or 7 degrees btdc... as i stated before today because is was pretty cold out i had no problems so i know that maybe some bigger jets and wrapping the manifold and such and i should be good... dimedriver as for toluene i believe its rated at 114 octane or a little higher so i would be able to mix less than if i buy 110 but its 17 dollars a gallon while 110 is 7

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once summer comes youll still have this proplem. KA Ping!

HRH the Z20 pistons even dough they are flattop dont they sit lower in the bore as the pin height location is different. Thus being lower compression.

Bre, Your flogging a Dead Horse here!!!

Xerox.

Dave

and another guy on hear either have Flattops on L20s or on LZ hybrids and all have these proplems.

Z20E and L20B rod length and piston pin heights are different but add up to the same (close) total length to bring the pistons close to the top of the block.

Z20E 152.5mm (rod) + 31.75mm (pin) = 184.25mm ............ long rod motor with flattops.

L20B 145.9 mm (rod) + 38.1mm (pin) = 184mm .................. short rod motor with dish.