Oregon Region SCCA

ariascarlos1990

1940 North Victory Boulevard

Portland, Oregon 97217

Practice Day Saturday, March 5th - PIR North Paddock - Stock AM

Event#1 Sunday, March 6th - PIR North Paddock - Stock AM

Event#2 Sunday, March 27th- PIR North Paddock - Stock PM Note: for this day the the morning and afternoon runs are switched.

MORNING RUN GROUP: Stock, PAX, Ladies PAX, Street Tire

7:00 am Course set up and open to walking

7:30 -8:15 am Open Registration

8:30 am Drivers’ Meeting, course closed to walking

9:00 am Morning Run Group competition begins!

AFTERNOON RUN GROUP: Street Modified, Street Prepared, Prepared, Modified, Street Touring

12:00 pm -12:45 pm Open Registration

1:00 pm * Drivers’ Meeting, course closed to walking

1:30 pm Afternoon Run Group competition begins!

* Afternoon course walk and Drivers’ Meeting schedule dependent upon the completion of the Morning Run Group

competition. Announcements will be made accordingly. Registration and Tech schedule WILL NOT CHANGE.

REGISTRATION CLOSES PROMPTLY AT PUBLISHED TIMES! ALLOW FOR TRACK CROSSINGS!!!

Remove all loose items from vehicle and attach numbers to both sides.

Immediately after Registration, take vehicle to tech/safety inspection area and have completed run card and helmet

available for inspection. Tech will close fifteen minutes after Registration

Fees:

$25 Valid licensed drivers only.

All competitors must have an "Annual" or "Temporary Weekend" SCCA Membership to participate in each event.

Temporary Weekend Membership - $15.00 valid for 5 days (available at each event)

Annual Membership - $80.00 / Individual Member (available at each event)

Spouse, Family and Military Memberships are also available

$15.00 credit from purchase of Temporary Weekend Membership can be applied towards purchasing an Annual

Membership if Annual Membership is purchased within 60 days of purchasing Temporary Weekend Membership. Up to

two $15.00 credits may be applied when purchasing an Annual Membership.

Minors under 18 must have a “Minor Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement” (Form MS-2)

signed by parent or legal guardian.

Rule Books are available for purchase – though NOT required to compete at our events. You MUST have one to

participate in the Annual Tech program, to lodge a protest or to compete at National level events. SCCA rules are

available on line at http://www.scca.com.

You may reserve a permanent season number at Registration.

Safety: All vehicles must pass safety inspection on the following points prior to competing: seat belts, throttle return action,

secure battery, no oil or antifreeze leaks, adequate brake pedal, tire condition, wheel bearings. All loose items, snap-on

hubcaps, detachable fender skirts and trim rings must be removed. Real shoes are required (no sandals or flip-flops).

Helmets are required (Snell 95 or newer) with some loaners available.

Noise: "Oregon Region SCCA Solo will be monitoring sound in accordance with procedures published in the SCCA National Solo

Rules. The limit at all Oregon Region SCCA Solo events is 100 decibels.

Directions to PIR (Portland International Raceway): Take EXIT 306 B (Delta Park/PIR) off I-5 in North Portland. Follow signs to the PIR

entrance which is on the west side of I-5. Before you enter the PIR main gate, you will notice a SOLO sign up area on the right. Stop here to sign

the liability waiver and receive waiver verification (wristband) which must be displayed at all times while on the premises. Drive through the main

gate, show your wristband to the security guard, then follow the paved road past the main event parking area and the large grassy area until you

arrive at a gate which opens onto the racetrack between the spectator stands. The gate attendant will allow you to proceed across the racetrack

into the Pro Pit Area (aka North Paddock) when the course is clear. Crossings are only allowed between road race sessions (about once every

thirty minutes to an hour), so don’t be late!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with that. Last time i went, i was basically told that i was not welcome because i didnt have a SCCA yearly membership and didnt have a corvette. Portland region club seems to be run and funded by the local corvette club and is not interested in having others old vehicles interupt their day.

I did get to run though, and a couple of the regulars(running in my class) were a little fired up when i went out and ran times to close to theirs. Not much done to my car, while a lot of suspension work had been done to theirs.

I had a good time driving, but sure didnt feel very welcome to be there.

I'll be there for the test and tune day, and maybe event #1. The groups I plan to run with this year are ORPCA in portland, EESCC in eugene. Last year at the test and tune not that many people showed up so we got like 6+ runs. Then I ran the afternoon session and got another 6. Overall the entire event was pretty casual since it wasnt for points, I had a good time. The points events people take a little more seriously and there are a lot more people that come out. In the middle of the summer you usually get 4 or 5 runs max, which still isnt bad.

I do agree there are a lot of guys that take autocross really seriously which can be a bit of a bummer. I've just ignored them and did my own thing, never failed to have a good time at every event I was at. I've never received any bad vibes from anyone at any event and my car is usually the oldest, rattiest car at every autocross I've been to.

You do have to pay quite a bit to play. $25 per run session plus another $15 for a weekend SCCA membership. You can buy the $80 yearly membership and save some money if you run a lot.

If I had to make a recommendation, the BEST autocross group you can run with in Portland is the Oregon Porsche Club. They hold events once a month and use an online pre-registration system. They say they limit the ammount of people they let run per event but I've never seen them turn anyone away. They're also EXTREMELY organized, much better than SCCA. As a result for $40 you usually get 8 runs and are done by 1 or 2 in the afternoon! That sure beats SCCA! I make a point to make every event hosted by these guys.