Electrical

jnec510

Ok tryin to get tail lghts goin. i have brake lights turn signals front markerlights an headlights only when they are on hgh beams. no tailights or rear markers. i found a melted wire that went to the acsessories an replaced it. i checked the plug under the seat an i am not gettin power there. but when i run strait power to it i still dont have taillights.:mad: i have no headlight wswich so i am using 2 toggle switches an i mounted the battery in the cab. why would my headlights only work in high beam? an why might i not be gettin talights? help!!! thanks:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure the fuse is good? Sometimes they look good but are separated at the ends inside(sometimes no dash lights)

headlamps

make sure you swap in a head light to make sure. I had both my lowbeams bad from previous owner when I bough my car. it was just thee lamps.

also wiggle the relay where the power goes thru the relay.(the620.com has a diagram i believe)

also make sure they are not the H4 Cibies lamps as some are grounded(mostly come ON when installed in the bucket housing)

This is probably why:

i have no headlight wswich so i am using 2 toggle switches an i mounted the battery in the cab. why would my headlights only work in high beam? an why might i not be gettin talights? help!!! thanks

I'll look at my wiring diagrams when I get home.

Ok tryin to get tail lghts goin. i have brake lights turn signals front markerlights an headlights only when they are on hgh beams. no tailights or rear markers. i found a melted wire that went to the acsessories an replaced it. i checked the plug under the seat an i am not gettin power there. but when i run strait power to it i still dont have taillights.:mad: i have no headlight wswich so i am using 2 toggle switches an i mounted the battery in the cab. why would my headlights only work in high beam? an why might i not be gettin talights? help!!! thanks:D

my poor english or the toggle switchs?;)

Have you ever seen hainz's keyboarding?:D:D:D

This is for your 620 I guess?? Your profile doesn't show any 510s.

Did you use one toggle switch for the parking (marker) lights (on/off), and the other for the headlights (on/off)???

REAR MARKER LIGHTS

You checked the Green/Bluewire under the seat??? If so, follow the wires back under the floor mat towards the passenger side kick panel and up under the dash. There should be another 10 plug connector there. Again, check the Green/Blue wire coming into this connector. It should have power when you toggle the parking lights. If no power here, I don't know what to say as this wire joins the main harness where the wire to the front marker lights is .... and you say they are on!

I'll assume you now have power to the Green/Blue under the pass. seat and now have lights, BUT if still no rear marker lights, check the other end for power where it is joined to the rear tail light harness at the round 6 pin connector behind the pass. side tail light.

If NO POWER the wire is broken somewhere under the truck, most likely where a p/o has wired in a plug for trailer lights.

If POWER then check the connector, rear harness and the bulbs.

HEAD LIGHTS

Check the low beam bulbs, they are the most used and probably the first to burn out. If you have hi beams then you have power to the hi/low switch, so they should be working

Let me know what you find out,

mike