oil breather tube ?'s

sick620

My new 521 is shooting oil out the breather on the side of the motor like mad! it has the Old style nice L16 intake with no spot for that oil breather to go... What can I do to stop the spitting of oil? Just put a filter on it? I have a L20 that that breather was freeze pluged on... Is that a bad idea?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new 521 is shooting oil out the breather on the side of the motor like mad! it has the Old style nice L16 intake with no spot for that oil breather to go... What can I do to stop the spitting of oil? Just put a filter on it? I have a L20 that that breather was freeze pluged on... Is that a bad idea?

If it was re built maybe the screen baffle fell out and wasn't replaced. Even if you have an L16 intake it would still have the PCV valve on it. Well unless some PO tore it off.... the idiot.

The PCV has 'smog' properties but it's biggest advantage is to remove gas, water vapor and combustion vapors from inside the crankcase and run them through the motor again. Just venting them outside isn't the same. Properly working a small amount of fresh air it drawn in and the fumes out by manifold vacuum. Has no effect on running.The result is longer intervals between oil changes. Longer lasting engines