additive or cleaner or both?

A buddy & I were talkin today about fuel & the older vehicles & newer vehicles..etc etc etc, & I remembered something on this forum some where that I can not seem to find when I searched for it. I remember Mike or 1 of the other all mighty guru's :) said something about some sort of additive or cleaner for your fuel that is found in a automotive store in a little bottle that wasn't worth the cost when you can go to walmart & buy it under its ORIGINAL name & form in gallon jugs for cheaper. I seen this some where on here months ago if not longer. I hope someone remembers what it was & the name of it, because this is going to bug me till I find out what it is. Thanks Guys!!!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Methyl Hydrate or gas line anti freeze. It's sold in little 2-3 oz plastic bottles under lots of different names for a buck (or more) each. One bottle for each tank full to absorb any water. WallMart sells it for under $4 CDN for a liter which is 10-15 or so of the bottles.

Gas won't mix well with water so water will collect in the bottom of the tank or in low points in the lines. Alcohaul will mix with water AND with gas so it will absorb water and carry it through the syatem and the carb and the engine will get rid of it.

Today most gasolines have alcohaul in up to 10% anyway so I don't see any point in adding more.