Need 720 parts SD-22

I am searching for misc sd-22 parts someone may have extra or a spare engine at least rebuild-able as a project / backup

as far as body parts I am def looking for as I am completly missing them and jury rigging atm

original under bed taillights

Tail gate

Hood scoops

Sliding glass rear window

rubber drivers side door seal

Things I would love to find in better shape

bed (or at least non dented rear corners that can be wielded in place)

doors with less rust

fenders same applies less rust

Maybe floor panels (mine have large holes)

rear cab corners

and also possible front of box inside area

chrome trim or rubbers

Will pay shipping and willing to pay reasonable prices

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a long ways away, what all do you need for the engine?

well could defiantly use a flexible coupling as well but that is steering not engine ...

and someplace to find the fuel diaphragm i would like to check and replace it this spring

was thinking either reasonable good injectors or where to find rebuild kits or them

honestly I am new to the sd 22 love it just still learning

I was just at local junkyard yesterday and there was a 720 with a diesel motor I believe SD-22. The truck looked pretty complete, I believe it was an extra cab. I did not check the year. What year is your truck? And if you are interested in parts let me know, I will be going back because there is a 510 in the junkyard too!

I was just at local junkyard yesterday and there was a 720 with a diesel motor I believe SD-22. The truck looked pretty complete, I believe it was an extra cab. I did not check the year. What year is your truck? And if you are interested in parts let me know, I will be going back because there is a 510 in the junkyard too!

Well mine is a 82 or mostly 82 at least LOL

I highly doubt the heater controll switch on it would be any better than mine LOL

But over all the things I am most looking for are the old u8nder bed tail light assembly's and lenses

I need a overflow bottle that does not have the top half removed LOL

Tailgate would prob be a little expencive to ship that distance though would love to get the rear corners of the box as well as mine look like they have had quite a few bumps lol and I have no clue how you would push out all them dents

I will know better in a few days but I would love a set of injectors if they don't want a ARM and a LEG for them just so that I have to I can get them rebuilt to piut in my engine rather than have to have it go down for a week plus when it is my regular driver

and I definatly though not part of the engine need the flex coupler and rubber piece from the stearing column my is almost broke 2/3 of the way through and haven't been able to find a replacement online yet every time I drive I get nervious turning afraid that last 1/3 will give way I know it isn't safe but no choice as of yet

Heck if they didn't want a exorbant price probably a LOT of little pieces LOL though I would need to know what your going to charge me for doing this for me man as well

This is the fuel diaphragm part with all the numbers, if you can find it. I would go to an injector service company, lots of things use diesel engines, that would be where you have your injectors rebuilt also, that is spendy though, I spent $250.00 last time. Is the coupler near the firewall or by the steering gear? It would help to have a photo :lol: of the steering coupler. You are going to be dependent on others good will unless you go to the nissan dealership, the part won't cost much in a wrecking yard, but it is a pain in the ass to get off, and then has to be shipped. You do not have power steering, correct?

DSCN0244.jpg

Yes pictures would be good

not sure how to add pictures unfortunatly argh yes it is manual stearing and it is the only part that has rubber on it in the stearing collumn lol and down towards the bottom has like 3 bolts through it

why I wanted spare injectors was so that I could get them rebuilt while I was still using my truck that way when I removed the ones I have in it now I can put the new rebuilot ones in no down time cause only place close to here is a hour and a half away to have them rebuilt at and it is my only running vehicle currently even if I am down to about 20mpg

not sure how to add pictures unfortunatly argh yes it is manual stearing and it is the only part that has rubber on it in the stearing collumn lol and down towards the bottom has like 3 bolts through it

why I wanted spare injectors was so that I could get them rebuilt while I was still using my truck that way when I removed the ones I have in it now I can put the new rebuilot ones in no down time cause only place close to here is a hour and a half away to have them rebuilt at and it is my only running vehicle currently even if I am down to about 20mpg

Have you aquired the steering part you need yet? wayno

Does your truck blow white smoke when you first start it in the morning for about 5 minutes or until it warms up? A SD22 should get 25 mpg in the city, and over 30 mpg on the hiway going 60 mph.

at least that long and at times when sitting at a light as well actually when I first start it is black smoke for about the first 30 seconds or so I was getting about 25 highway this summer and I have been knoticing on the highway people say I should get between 36 to 45 mpg so as soon as I have the money I am buying a rebuild kit for it I should save the money with as much as I drive in the first year easy for the cost of the kit in fuel and oil savings alone. burning 2 to 3 quarts a tank on the average if lots of starts and stops can be a gallon of oil argh. but she gets me from point a to point b.

Black smoke means it is running rich, too much fuel. White smoke is unburnt fuel, the photos below are an example of unburnt fuel.

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

My truck has problems when cold, it needs rebuilt or something, after it warms up it burns clean.

yea other than once almost always white starting just like that

Diesels are heavy polluters at start-up. Once warm their efficiency rises. A cold diesel will spew white-ish smoke from basically diesel fuel that has been vaporized by the heat of compression buy not hot enough to ignite. White quickly disappears as the motor warms and the heat of compression rises.

Black smoke is incompletely burnt fuel from an over rich condition. Since engines tend to perform better when slightly rich owners can 're-chip' their computers to deliver a richer condition on their diesels. This makes for very smokey take offs. The air filter or the catalytic converters could also be plugged or injection pump out of order.

Blue is a sign of worn out rings, valve guides and seals just like a gas engine. If turbo equipped it could be a bad turbo oil seal. I've seen older (worn out) water trucks sit idling for half a day on a construction site with blue smoke. Once put into use they warm up and the smoke disappears.

Hard to tell if blue or white (to me) If white, the motor is simply cold . If blue the motor could be still running cool and or worn.

DSCN0700.jpg

Hey Datzenmike, the smoke in the photo:lol: :lol: in the last post appeared after I towed a truck home from eastern oregon, I ruined the engine. The smoke goes away after it warms up, but my SD22 had more power than this SD25 has. Good thing I have a rebuilt one(SD22) in my inventory, and a fresh new one(SD25) I bought last year on ebay. Now I just need to find the time to put one of them in the truck, I only have like 5 projects going on right now, :blink: whats another one going to hurt. wayno

I am really beginning to believe that my truck is on its last legs warmest day in weeks and I am having a hell of a time starting it went through a quart of oil last night in maybe 80 miles I REALLY need to find the money for a rebuild kit lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.