Is this a fair price?

That truck is rusty and the key word is "not running." Not worth $1450 not running. If the body was clean, then yes. Everyone thinks Toyotas are worth gold. The good thing is that does have a solid axle front. But beat to hell, rusty, a shit ton of miles. You're going to spend a lot fixing that up. I'd offer him $800 and call it good, and know that you'll have a lot more into it by the time you're done. Or just find a better example.

Oh and IBTL!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD is an 83 4x4 longbed. 263k on the clock but I have had it for 16 years and have done everything to it... twice. It is a rolling tool box and does exactly what it is supposed to, get my tools to the jobs site and me to the woods or the ski hill. Never let me down yet but I spend the appropriate amount of time on preventative stuff. She needs brakes all the way around right now and will get them as soon as I finish the house that I am working on at the moment. There a lot better ones out there that are not rusty for about the same money. 22R's are a dime a dozen and are bullet proof. Unless you want a total project, steer clear of this one.

even not running, i'd say $1k. those trucks, that particular one, are pretty desirable to the 4wd community. 720s in that shape, eh $300, they have the shitty ifs. you could pick that truck up for $800-$1000 and part it out, make you money back and then some. the cab is 4wd only. 2wd cabs need modifications to fit. even with the rust, thats still a fairly clean truck.

Well I offered the guy $500 cash and told him why its only worth that, based on what you guys said. He told me its worth at least twice as much because the roll bar and polished wheels and told me to fuck off, so I guess I made him a little mad :) I kind of expected it, he lives in a town known for its meth heads. I'm still looking for a cheap 4x4 in California if any of you are selling one, especially a datto :)