Is this a fair price?

Ive been looking for a beater 4x4 I can take off roading, and I saw this ad today. Its an 83 hilux, my older brother used to have one and I loved it, so I thought it would be cool. HOWEVER, I have no idea of what these go for, so I dont want to give the guy an offer and insult him, and I especially dont want to get ripped off. Anyone with any knowledge on the hilux have an idea? Thanks

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2153647071.html

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The truck is NOT currently running,"

"Worth the price for the 5 spd tranny, transfer case and engine alone."

HELL no that isn't. Think of it like a 720 of the same year with the same mods. Wouldn't be worth that much especially not running and with a body in that poor of shape. It looks neglected. Hell, I imagine the tires are even rotted to hell and unsafe to drive on.

Edited by metalmonkey47
Guest 510kamikazifreak

what would you feel comfortable paying for it? thats what its worth to you. i wouldnt pay that much for it either

Time for a low ball offer :lol:

I do it all the time :o :lol:

how about a suzuki samuria i have a 87 it can 4 wheel every where anything else can go an drive home my sammy is one of the reasons it took so long to buy a Ratsun.

haha i got one of those too, being built still tho. 3800 sc motor, t5 trans, d300 tcase, yota axles fully caged, front sheetmetal narrowed 10 inches, on 33s maybe 35s when done

that truck is worth maybe 1000, it is the good trans and tcase also solid axle front and rear. id offer him 900 for it and say its cause the rust and that it isnt running

NOT EVEN WORTH THAT. Maybe if it was running. A non running car isnt worth anything really. You never know whats wrong with it. Never know if the head is bad, the crank is seized etc....:poke:

I thought the price was pretty high. I wouldn't give him more than $500 for it in the shape its in, and that is knowing nothing about them. I would love to make it look like that green one, I've always liked the older yota 4x4s, but ill be using and abusing it so I don't think ill do much to one.