honda proving ground - for sale

my boss sent me some link that Honda is selling their proving grounds where they test, well, everything

i say all the people in here donate what you got so we can make this a datsun proving ground..... what?..no money?... well maybe we can sell lemonade outside our houses one day :lol:

here is the link:

Honda Proving Center For Sale Buy Your Own Race Car Test Track

http://www.snapoversteer.com/?p=523

check out the picks...this place rocks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been there a few times because of my job. There's some nice things about it, (garages, building infrastructure, etc.), but some of the track surfaces require a lot of constant maintenance. There's a left-hander I remember that's a tire shredder and the ground erodes under the asphalt continually. I think we should all pitch-in and buy it for Ratsun testing.

Just think of the great meets we'll have in the vacation paradise of California City!

I've been there a few times because of my job. There's some nice things about it, (garages, building infrastructure, etc.), but some of the track surfaces require a lot of constant maintenance. There's a left-hander I remember that's a tire shredded and the ground erodes under the asphalt continually. I think we should all pitch-in and buy it for Ratsun testing.

Just think of the great meets we'll have in the vacation paradise of California City!

I just want to kick you for saying "vacation paradise of California City"...

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/how-much-for-that-4255-acre-honda-testing-facility/

No purchase price has been set, but offers of between $10 million and $25 million “are within the range of what we are considering,” said Jeff Andrew, a spokesman for CB Richard Ellis, a commercial real estate broker, in a telephone interview. He said a “call for offers” would be conducted within 30 days.

At $25 million with 7131 total members on Ratsun, it'd only be $3505.82 per person. At $10 million it's a measly $1402.33 per member!