Which head for an L20b?

sdsurf

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Does anyone know about the FIA group 2 heads? How about those 16 valve heads from Japan? The latter would probably be nearly impossible to hunt down, but which year would I be after if I wanted a later model FIA group 2 head. I hear they're even better than the SSS head, by utilizing a smaller intake valve and a larger exhaust valve, they increase intake swirl velocity. Curious if anyone has one and/or how I'd go about locating one.

The FIA heads need FIA manifolds (unlike standard L-heads, the port positions and bolt holes are not in the same place). They were not sold on ANY production car. They were a race-app head. I've seen one or 2 on eBay in the last 9 years.

The LZ heads (Nissan-competition DOHC L-series heads) were only built for factory-supported race teams, very few if any ever made it into general circulation.

The LZ heads (Nissan-competition DOHC L-series heads) were only built for factory-supported race teams, very few if any ever made it into general circulation.

I believe they were flow through heads too. Good for over 200 normally asperated hp at 10,500.