Can I use Hardbody rear-lower strut mount on a 720?

RedSquare

Hello

Following KYB's compatibility guide, I ordered a set of MonoMax struts for the front and rear of my 720. The fronts bolt on with no problem, but the rears don't. The ones that came in the mail have a 5/8" ID rubber bushing while my truck has standard 3/8" / 10mm OD stem (bayonet) mount.

Looking under a co-worker D21 Hardbody, I saw that it uses the rubber bushing type (like what came in the mail). Can I swap my 720's the lower shock/leaf spring mounts to the bushing/hardbody type without any problems? Will it affect ride height?

What came in the mail...

DSCN2890.jpg

What's on the rear of the 720 (center white ones)...

DSCN2878.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN2878.jpg

If both extend and compress the same distance then you could I guess. Lot of bother to 'make them fit'. I'd return them for the correct ones. I assume the red ones in the picture are the fronts.

I see that you call your 720 an '86 and that's fine. They were produced until 10 '85 or roughly 3 months into the '86 model year. The next gen truck the D-21 Hardbody followed in November and is considered an '86 1/2 model. When ordering your shocks it may have been set up to infer that you had an '86 Hardbody. Return them and order for an '85 and you should get the correct ones.