ebay special?

doughboi916

has anyone used these ebay coilovers on the 510/280 swap?? im now looking into front suspension.. i got the 280 strut perches off. just ordered the tokicos..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-240Z-510-280Z-Coil-Overs-Coilovers-Springs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2ce50a4dQQitemZ400185166413QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ive looked at all the kits they have like t3 and all the rest but there all around 200 bucks.. is there a cheaper solution? also about were on the strut is the stopper welded on?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this question a while back and got a mixed response. Most who didn't like this particular set said it was cause of the cheap lookin top hats. the $199 sets have steel or aluminum hats. the other problem is no choice of spring rate with the ebay ones. other brands like t3 or ground control let you pick spring rates.

There is still a limit to how far you can lower the front without bottoming out the strut. Usually a shorter strut is used and the strut tube shortened to match and welded up again. 280zx and 300zx are shorter than the stock 510 to begin with but can be shortened even more with the right insert.

Generally front springs are between 200 to 300 pounds. Rears are 600-700 and up to 1000.

also about were on the strut is the stopper welded on?

I wouldn't weld because that's too permanent. What you need is an adjustable pipe clamp that can be moved up and down the strut tube.