Whats the BEST/Easiest way to remove BED HOOKS?

GOLSETH

Thanks! Yea someone else a couple weeks ago suggested the drilling from the inside out through the spot welds! Thanks for the tip on the copper! Definitely would make the welding easy!

Yeah dude, I only left one post on here about my Carbon Fiber wraps and some guys just started bashing... lol... thats just what some do...

I made a video of my first two months of owning my 620 and in it you can see me grinding mine due to the Vice Grip method didnt work nor sound right...

I drilled my welds first from the rears then finished it off... The part is at 1:14 so hope that helps yo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghr0VcF4Ow&feature=related

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure the easiest way to remove them is a plasma cutter. [not the cleanest way] Or you could buy a case of beer and have your friends come over and all take turns removing the very useful tie down areas on you bed. [not saying anything about your wanting to remove them just pointing out the fact that they are useful when you need to strap down the new motor you just picked up for your honda.]

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

I've actually had one rip off from trying to use it as a legitimate tie down point. Figured it looked dumb missing a hook and I was already 1/11 the way there to improving the look of my truck :lol:, so I sawzalled the rest of em off and later went back to drill out the brackets. Dude, build your truck the way you want it, we all do. You think people are flipping you :poop: now, you probably have never heard of dwnshifter then :lol: lolz. We never got an update on this, how did it go? What method did you try?