just insatalled msd 6a box on my 720!

WOW! thats all i got to say that thing packs a punch my old 720 has never ran so good that was money well spent! now if i only had another to put on the exhaust side! just in case any of ya wanna get one and put it on a napz engine heres how ya hook it up.

Coil A (intake coil) has a WHT/YEL on the Coil+ terminal, and RED on Coil-

- Remove the Red wire from the coil and attach it to the WHITE wire of the MSD box.

- The Small BLACK wire of the MSD box will now connect to that coil- terminal.

- The WHT/YEL wire will be removed from the coil and attached to the Small RED wire of the MSD box.

- The ORANGE wire from the box will connect to the Coil+ terminal.

I suggest to verify that the WHT/YEL wire is the 12V supply before performing this installation.

downfall to the msd box is that the factory tach no worky no more. I belive their is a way to hook it back up but i'm unsure of how to do this right now.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z24 series motors ran with both set of plugs firing. The Canadian Z24 and later Z24i motors had a vacuum switch to turn one set off under heavy load conditions to reduce engine noise, but fire both at all other times. The motor is designed to run this way and runs poorly only on one set.

jesusno2 The tach is run off the intake set of plugs, I believe. If you switch the MSD to the other coil and set of plugs (exhaust) you would have your tach back.