How to fix bodyline issue?

Hello all,

32dat.jpgIm strongly thinking of picking up this truck this weekend, however im concerned about the lineup of the bed. In the pic, the body lines are off quite a bit from the cab and the bed. In another picture(not shown) the cab and bed line up perfectly.

1. Is this something I want to buy?

2. How to remedy the lineup issue?

Thanks guys, thought I would ask before I forked over the cash.

Thanks

MantisX

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to build the cab mounts back up

Hmmm is this a common issue with datsun trucks? Ill be sure to look very closely in this area. Im not much of a metal worker but from the pics I received it looks worth saving.

Thanks again

MantisX

Lift up the carpet behind the driver's seat . The floor around the frame mount is likely rotted most of the way around it and the weight of the cab has settled down. You might also want to check the front floor by your left heel and also the two on the other side. I've seen them so bad that you can lift the cab 6" up off the frame on one side. If the truck is worth saving (cheap to buy, good runner, sentimental value) you could weld a plate into the floor so the mount has something to bolt into. Just add spacers to adjust the height to match the box and cover with carpet..