Headlight, parking lights, brake light oh my.

SubwayGUY4

Yet again I am in another electrical Problem.

The Driver side headlight is the only thing that works up front(the highbeam also works)

The taillights/parking lights in the rear all work

The brake light does not work.

I read somewhere before they are all connected, sadly I couldn't find the thread

Things I've done: Cleaned the fuse box and the relay across from it and cleaned up any grounding points I could possibly find on the passenger side.

Tested the connection at the headlight at one point I had 12volts of power, but I don't know if I was seeing things or not....and now I am getting only 0.5 volts( I forgot what that means exactly)

And yes this all worked prior to my KA swap.

So question is did I ground something wrong? or wires fried? or is there another relay under the dash I missed.

Any help would be great thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tap The Front Right Headlight And Listen To Any Rattling, If It Sounds Bad The Tungsten Might Have Snapped (Sometimes You Can't Really See It)

My Brake Lights And Turn Signals Didn't Work A While Ago But I Tore Apart The Turning Signal Switch,

Cleaned The Contacts And All The Lights Worked Afterward (I Don't Know It 510 Has The Same Set-Up As The 620)

Personally I Would Just Rewire All Of The Lights On A Separate Circuit To Keep It Simple And All Future Problems Away :cool:

This is how the headlight should work.

Power goes to the fuse box, from the battery.

There are two fuses for the headlights, right side, and left side.

The power from the fuses goes to the common terminal on the headlamps.

If you check voltage with the headlights off, you should find 12 volts at every terminal on the headlights.

The power from headlights goes to the high/low beam relay. The relay switches from the high to the low beams.

The power from the relay goes to the dash light switch.

After the light switch, the power goes to ground.

You need to make sure the body has a good ground to the engine, and the engine has a good ground to the battery.