How to fix dents with canned air

Dirk Diggler

It looks like all they do is heat up the dented area with a hair dryer, then turn the compressed air can upside down, spraying the "liquid nitrogen" type stuff around the dent, and it pops itself. Ill be trying it on my mother in laws durango later today, ill post a video if it works.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/fixing-car-dents-with-canned-air/1glxll5hx?from=gallery_enca_autos_home

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked into these hold/cold dent removal techniques. What I learned was that they can give immediate gratification, make the dent appear to have disappeared. But you have actually weakened the metal, and now if it ever got that hot, or close to it, again it could warp back. It might work with smaller stuff.

• Like 1

Metal has "Memory" so this may work to pop the dent out but, doors being closed too hard, extreme tempurature changes, the tiniest slight touch or what have you, the dent will pop right back in.

p.s. I"m a body guy, I know what im talkin bout ;)

it works! i think i posted something about this before??? :unsure:

not good on dings, but if some asshat leaned on it or from a football impact(mine) its perfect

the tiniest slight touch or what have you, the dent will pop right back in.

p.s. I"m a body guy, I know what im talkin bout ;)

mine is still good