Recommendations on locating wiring harness?

So years ago I decided to rip out all of the wires and rewire the car (because there was a small on ocassion from behind the instrument panel, likely just a small break in a wire that I could've just found & taped. Wasn't the best idea 'cause the car ran fine b4 that & the fact I've never rewired a car. Soon found although I'm able to read a wiring diagram, the project wasn't as simple as I thought & the Haynes manual diag. wasn't ideal as it was on several pgs & required a lot of flipping pgs while following wires. I got a diag on cd that was much easier 2 follow & got started. In hindsight it'd have been simpler 2 have laid all new wire 'cause whoever wired the car b4 I got it did a sloppy job & none of the wires wanted to line up quite right again. Finally got mostly done but some wires still need 2 b moved down & attached. Can't work on it where it's now & decided 2 just buy a wiring harness to replace them & make things simpler. Anyone suggestions where 2 find one? (Pref. cheaper than ezwire/used?/salv?)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After rewiring the rats nest that used to be in my 620 with an aftermarket harness (and worked great). I got a parts truck and upgraded to EI and simply dropped the wiring from the '78 parts truck into the '76

IMO the best way to go is simply find a newer, stock wiring harness from somebody. They are shaped to fit perfectly and takes all the guess work out of the equation. They pop up on Ebay some times, or just watch the Parts section on here and they will pop up every once in awhile. I would post in the parts wanted section as well.

I would not have a new harness made, I would source one from another '76 B210. And make sure it is one from a car with the same transmission type as yours (stick or automatic depending on what your car was born with). My 610 is automatic, and there are additional provisions for the indicator light and some other items that will get you back on track towards getting your car running.

Thanks for your replies. Yeah ideally I'd like to find a stock wiring harness off another car (especially if i can find another b210). That's the part I'm having a problem doing. I have been keeping my eye out but have had luck. I don't know where elseto look. I need to find a place that I can for sure find one because I need toget the car out from where it's stored asap. That's why I was asking for any suggestions. Zerow- You said that u got one out of a truck, do u or enyone else know what other yr makes/models are compatible with the 76 b210 w/ at? Thanks again.

...Zerow- You said that u got one out of a truck, do u or enyone else know what other yr makes/models are compatible with the 76 b210 w/ at? Thanks again.

You will need to source the harness directly from another '76 B210. My Car is a 610 (you must be thinking 620...?), and I was mentioning that there are two different harnesses: one for a car with automatic, and one for a car with standard transmission. They are about 95 percent similar, but its that last 5 percent that everything starts going different...and it will be those differences that will make the difference between running and not running.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.