KA datsun 620

620Reaper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the wiring really isnt hard...its about 8 wires and then just cleaning up the wiring...all you need is a fuse box, some relays, a solder gun/solder and some heat shrink.

i re-read and you said jason is making your harness, he does good work. I re-made mine when i switched over to the aem computer.

did you have to swap out your oil pan? im doing the same swap but its going in a 521 i tried putting it in but it seems like it wont clear with the stock oil pan :/

You have to flip the center link and clearance the pan a bit.

you can't flip the center link unless you do major work they are tapered well I guess it could but might not be safe. Just take a body dolly and place it on the back side of the pan were the center link would hit and pound it in do a couple test fits until right. But that is just my 2 cents

Oops sorry didn't see it was going in 521 so then I don't know but that is how I did it for my 620

you can't flip the center link unless you do major work they are tapered well I guess it could but might not be safe.

It is a bit of work to do correctly, but it is no less safe than the stock taper. That is done by welding up the existing holes and re-tapering the arms from the other side.

Awesome job. I'm amost done with my KA swap. I used the KA tranny and all I had to do was slot the crossmember about an extra 1/2" and beat the tranny tunnel a bit to clear the "spine" on the trans. As for the driveshaft I am reusing the stock KC driveshaft but getting it shortened roughly 3". I won't be doin that myself though. I can weld but I don't trust welding something that important. I like the info about the automatic computer though!! I'm probably the most impatient person I know and I m itching to finish it!!!

Awesome job. I'm amost done with my KA swap. I used the KA tranny and all I had to do was slot the crossmember about an extra 1/2" and beat the tranny tunnel a bit to clear the "spine" on the trans. As for the driveshaft I am reusing the stock KC driveshaft but getting it shortened roughly 3". I won't be doin that myself though. I can weld but I don't trust welding something that important. I like the info about the automatic computer though!! I'm probably the most impatient person I know and I m itching to finish it!!!

Thanks for the info man, I can use all the help I can get.:D Im getting really impatient too with my build. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

im new to tha 620 i have a couple of 240 that i love so i want to do a 620 since i saw one being done in progect car mag with the sr swap so im reaching out to anyone that can help and give me some good tips on how i need to go about it. im going for the drift 620 truck for mine. I want it to look like a import tuner. thank for any tips