need help jetting 40 webers on L18 stock

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's that info for Mikunis, you find something like this for the Webers (and I'm sure it's somewhere) and you're set.

http://www.mikunipower.com/PHHCarbs/PHHservice29JettingChart.jpg

Entire booklet, and other info:

http://www.mikunipower.com/PHH01.htm

Good luck with the setup, also, as we all say: pics of ban.

Also, there's a thread called "Read Before Posting in "How-To". You should read it before posting in How-To, it's like four lines of writing. Not to be a dick, but it's right there.

yea i put them onand they ran i put the timing at 15 degrees but i still have the stock vacuum advanced on the distributor can i hook that directly to the intake. my main question for the webers r what venturies should i use and emulsion tubes and air thanks

on sidedrafts the vaccum adv coemes off the carb NOT the manifold!!!!!!!!Never hook it up to the manifold.

OK if your carb does not have a vac port them adjust the dist to around 12-15 or what ever you can get to make it run good.

if car runs ok I would not worry about it cause if you want truely perfect this can cost you alot and still might not be right. just be glade you have 40s as I think they are perfect for the street.

Dave

He had his webers adjusted by a GURU.

He spend 700$ and he said there was still a slight hesitation.

Proplem was he order parts jets then it wasnt right then order more then each time .

Not like the guy shad the whole assoremtn of jets to pick from.

The old Mikuni book gave a best guess statring point. Ussaully enough to drive around.

My mikuni 40 were based for a stock motor. Latter put a bigger cam on and match port it. I still run the same jets I cant tell if it can be jetted better or not.