Hitachi Carb

jboulukos

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot find the step by step rebuilt of the stock Hitachi craburator that had been posted here on ratsun. Anyone remember seeing it? Could share a link? Thanks guys I keep looking and no luck

I found this post for the bigger Hitachi carb. Not quite the same in detail as an A-series Hitachi but similar enough it may help you:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/33847-diy-hitachi-carb-rebuild-pic-heavy/

Len

Which weber would make a good replacement if a 1200 isn't available? I got some foreign bit of metal that's jammed my primary butterfly half open and I'm afraid I'll have to bust the butterfly to get it out.

I think the 32/36 Weber is what is generally put on an A14. You will need the right adapter for your manifold, and if you buy a new Weber, get one jetted for the A-series engine, not an L16. There is an online dealer for Weber that is usually recommended, but I can't think of them name. Try the Search function for "Weber dealer". If you have smog testing where you are, then you may need to stay with a stock Hitachi.

Look here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68039-1980-720-carb-problems/ at my post #3 about the small venturi holder coming loose. This may not be your "...foreign bit of metal..." but it seems possible. When I got my F10 the choke butterfly wouldn't open more than half way due to the venturi holder being out of place and jamming it.

Len

All went ok except I forgot to take picture of the side where the springs and throttle engage so now I'm looking for a visual reference my books show a totally different carb and I can't make sense of it throttle cable and position. At a loss anyone have a clear pic of a carb throttle cable set up ?