521 Marker Lights

I am trying to find new marker lights for the 521 I just got. The ones on the truck have overspray on the gaskets and the lights are just dull. I am about to get started redoing the truck and want to get all new side lights front and rear along with the turn signals up front. I have been watching ebay but the only ones that come up are for the Bluebird/SSS models or whatever. If anyone has some please let me know!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

510s use car type, slightly hexagon-shaped lenses (at least 70-73), with a retaining ring that holds the lens in place. Trucks are bigger and more rectangular, with no retaining ring (the chome ring in held in place by the lens itself).

However, the 620 lenses are identical to the mid '70-on 521. The rubber parts are not the same, however.

The marker light on a 521 are similar to some other various model of Datsuns. The main part is specific to a 521 is the rubber mount that goes between the marker light and the body. If you get the rubber part cleaned up, you will find 521 on them, and three letters for the position of the individule rubber parts. The one I have in my hand is marked RLH, Rear Left Hand. Get a soft nylon detail brush, and some dishwash detergent, Like Dawn, and you can clean up the rubber parts. Likewise with the red, and amber lens. The "chrome" piece is actually stainless steel. it will clean up with fine steel wool. That leaves the steel socket, reflector assembly. These can be badly rusted, and the bulb can be stuck in it. You can get replacement sockets at a larger auto parts store. You might need to resolder wires to the socket. If you get the socket clean, you can paint the inside of the steel piece with white, or chrome paint to get the reflector good again. Later model Datsuns had the whole inside of the marker light assembly covered with a rubber boot.

Or you could just try to find newer ones, but do not give up on the old ones until you have to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.