Fried semi truck

I'm sure some of you had heard about the semi truck in tacoma that caught fire thursday morning in tacoma. well i got lucky enough to be on the clean up crew so i snagged a couple pics while i could.

1202101600.jpg

downsized_1202101559.jpg

1202101737.jpg

1202101923.jpg

1202101926.jpg

sorry for the bad pics cell phone was all i had.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and for anyone that loves starbucks fraps thats what the trailer was loaded with so about 5 pallets worth were destroyed the rest are being recycled. not really sure about that i am just one of the cleaners, boss was in charge of where it all was going. we were allowed to start cleaning around 1pm and most of us didn't get out till 11 some had to stay till 1am. i got the smell of smoke embeded in my nostrils and it won't go away. lol

The worst truck fire I ever came across was horrible. On I-5 near Manteca. It was on the overpass for the cross highway, a gas tanker fell asleep at hit the gaurdrail. It was hanging off the overpass and gas went everywhere blocking south I-5 and the westbound of the highway under it. The guy died a quick but painful death. Getting the roads reopened took most of the day and at least a week for the hazard spill clean up.

i drive semi thru the bc mountains here. just went off the road saturday. i slid down the banking of the road and rolled it in the ditch at 50kph. only 400 bux damage to my rig, but the trailer and some cargo are a bit screwed. the road crews here are retarded, they wait for an accident to start sanding and salting.