LSD into my Frontier WIN

I usually run the first and 2nd sessions 6-8pm

should I look for the wagon or the z? watch out for hard parking integras in the lot! :)

Is it safe to bring the wagon or Z ? or should I just drvie my daily.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah should be fine :). - there's a larger field to the right to park in with more space also. If you want, you can pay $10 for a pit pass- then you can do ridealongs. They have helmets but they smell a little....

that'll work!! lets see the finished product! I'm running the same gears, but looking for 4.3 or (wish) 3.9 gears...

Only 4.625 and 4.375 in LSD but you could swap a 2wd 3.70, 3.90 or a 4.11 from an open diff into it I believe. Keep the bolts to mount it as there may have been a change in size for LSD/non LSD diffs.

Yeah should be fine :). - there's a larger field to the right to park in with more space also. If you want, you can pay $10 for a pit pass- then you can do ridealongs. They have helmets but they smell a little....

Homie don't do loaner helmets. :no:

If I pay the pit fee. You gonna take me for a ride?

I'll bring a helmet for you- its a streetbike helmet- little snug, but it's clean.

you probly got one though huh?

hell yeah take you for a ride- don't expect to go real fast though... it is a truck :)

Only 4.625 and 4.375 in LSD but you could swap a 2wd 3.70, 3.90 or a 4.11 from an open diff into it I believe. Keep the bolts to mount it as there may have been a change in size for LSD/non LSD diffs.

you mean swap the ring/pinion gears from an open h233 diff onto the LSD carrier right? are they all the same size/bolt pattern?

you mean swap the ring/pinion gears from an open h233 diff onto the LSD carrier right? are they all the same size/bolt pattern?

It would appear so. The gear sets for the LSD and non for the 4.375 ratio are the same number. The 3.70 and 3.889 are similar. Let me explain

the 3.70 is 01J10

the 3.90 is 02J10

the 4.11 is 03J10

the 4.375 is 04J10 w or w/o LSD

the 4.626 is 05J10 w or w/o LSD

This indicates (by pt #) that they are similar and only the ratio is different..

wow mike, where do you store all this info?! :)

that's awesome. I searched that part # 38100-02J00 and found some new ones for $550... looks like junkyard it is!

I'm guessing that the v6 hardbodies would be more likely to have the 3.9 gears? or would it be more likely for a 4 cyl truck to have the 3.9's - (but did many 4 cyl's have the h233b rear? would the door axle code be: HG39?

Thanks a ton!

I'll bring a helmet for you- its a streetbike helmet- little snug, but it's clean.

you probly got one though huh?

hell yeah take you for a ride- don't expect to go real fast though... it is a truck :)

Yea Ben I have my own. I expect to go sideways at the very least. :lol:

wow mike, where do you store all this info?! :)

that's awesome. I searched that part # 38100-02J00 and found some new ones for $550... looks like junkyard it is!

I'm guessing that the v6 hardbodies would be more likely to have the 3.9 gears? or would it be more likely for a 4 cyl truck to have the 3.9's - (but did many 4 cyl's have the h233b rear? would the door axle code be: HG39?

Thanks a ton!

I bought myself a 1TB external hard drive for X-Mass. To back up stored info and pictures That's 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. :)If each byte was a page in a paperback book on a bookshelf, it would wrap around the equator and another 6K miles.

Generally yes the VG30 engine will have the larger H-233. 4 cylinders got C-200 and some rare cases an H-190. Check the engine tag not the door post. The engine tag is located on the inner pass side fender below the hood hinge. And looks like this...

720stuff061Small.jpg

This is a 4X4 D21 with HG46 in bottom right of tag.

HG (is the 233) 46 (is 4.625) so look for HG39 (3.889 or 3.90) or HG41 (4.11) .

awesome info mikethumbup.gif.... im assuming the carrier has two large screw deals around the axle bearings to adjust side to side load... if correct then these things would be easy to adjust yourself, all you need is some paint and a dial caliper, and a book on the paint patterns, or equivalant

also. i dont have the finished product, im too lazy and its too cold, and its at my parents a half hour away, all excuses

looked for you at the track John. I spaced though- should've given you my cel before!

Fun night- lots of runs!

Yea sorry man, Some buds came by and we went to the brew house and had a couple beers. After that I didn't want to drive that far.

As soon as I get the brake issue figured out on the Z I'll come out.

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOHhhhh-kay... so I finally kind of got some video of the rear end in action- mostly a spinout, but I promise I'll get some better runs on camera soon.

so for now- ENJOY!

ah, crap, I forget how to embed these.... somebody help? :)

• 1 year later...