carbon fiber parts

pliggity

Hey,

Are there any carbon fiber parts for 521's? Mainly, is there a carbon fiber hood that someone makes?

Or, is a 510 hood interchangeable? Because I have seen 510's with CF hoods. I would love to buy one for my truck!!!

Also, carbon fiber door panels? These seem like they could be easily made, as they are basically all flat with a few holes in them to mount them, and the door and window handles.

Maybe a carbon fiber radiator top cover thing? Or neat little add-on niceties?

You rock if do, or know of any!! Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I've seen, nobody makes aftermarket parts for the 521... I think all the body modifications are custom made. I'd suggest just making your own... the door panels should be pretty easy, but the hood would be a pain in the ass to make yourself, and pricey to get custom made...

Call All Composites in Spanaway. Ask for Ludwig. The guy is a genius. He might be able to hook you up with some flat stock. Otherwise some of the intricate shapes need molds and could get expensive.

Nope, that is not what I saw. And I'm not worried about it being cheaper, I want carbon fiber, not a sticker. I want a light weight hood in good shape! Not my falling apart stocker. Maybe a good idea for the door panels, or dash topper?

And as far as flat stock, that might be just fine for door panels, then just drill holes for the crank & latch, and I'd probably be happy just drilling holes through the C/F and screwing it right to the door.

I'll try to give Ludwig a call, but I'm not sure how long it would take to actually be able to pay for it, but I'd at least like to know the $$ if it's possible! Thanks for the help!

I use to work for a composites company and to make a mold to produce a hood with a inner brace would be two pieces, the hood and then the bracing so a mold for the hood and a seperate mold for the brace you would be looking at around $1500-$2000 bucks for the mold and a first article super expensive to be the first to produce a new product but my buddys shop would do it if we had the money... they do early and late model mustang stuff and have been doing it for over 35 years