Sick new rims from Rota

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Coolio... "AWWWW HERE WE GOOOOO!"

Rota is so good at what they do (Copying Wheels) that they are releasing OEM COPY wheels too!

They are introducing the Integra Type R wheels in 4lug.

Rota actually made oem wheels for Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Ford, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel Volkswagen, and Datsun.

The rep. ITR wheels will probably be better quality than the originals...

And my opinion on fake wheels (oldschool style ones) is that most of said designs are out of production.... So what does it matter if rota or other companies make "reproductions"? SSR isn't making money off of sales of their used wheels... Rota, XXR, axis, Sportmaxx, Drag and the many other companies are filling a niche and I for one am glad they are.

I disagree to a certain point. IMO, a lot people who originally dropped big $$$ on the SSR's, Hayashis, Works, etc., back in the day when they were original are likely to go out and buy another high profile branded wheel to replace their aging set. Work still produces the Equip 01 and 03. SSR still makes the MK1, 2 and 3. Watanabe, Panasport and Hayashi wheels are still available. The waiting period for the custom wheels getting made sucks, but those who are willing to drop big bucks will wait regardless. So while said high dollar company doesn't profit immediately from a second hand sale, they may see money from a repeat customer.

I used to be really gung-ho and every so often went on a "I hate fake wheels" rampage, but I've kind of calmed down. Still learning. Those "Longchamps" anger me though.

Personally, it's the thrill of the hunt for me. I found my first set of Longchamps (15x7 +11) for $500 with brand new Falken tires. My second set (15x7.5 -8 and 15x8 -14) was shipped to me for $1200 (FYI, Currently, similar sizing to the second set is going for around $2000). Deals can be had you just have to be patient and keep on the look out.