Who would be down to do a bay area run on hw 84 and 1?

Fivedime650

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Nice oics. Makes me so fuckin' home sick. I used to live up on Kings Mountain.

Great shots of a Ratsun crew representin' up at four corners. Makes me want a Brian's Special at Alice's so bad.

Next time get your asses out of bed and start early before the traffic. :lol:

Here's the lap guys;

Meet at Robert's right off 280 on Woodside Road, (do 25 mph through the speed trap or Omar Sheriff will pop ya). Go up a mile or so, and turn right up Kings Mountain Road where it says Huddart Park. When you get past the old Woodside Store/Stage Coach stop and apply much throttle! When you get to the top at Squealer Gulch and the intersection of 35/Skyline Blvd, continue across to where the old restaurant burned down and take some oics.

Then take off down Tunitas Creek Road. Be careful because there are superbikes on Banzai runs from time to time and the locals blast it like a mutherfucker.

When we were in high school in the '60s we used to do this thing called Ghost Racing. The rules are you get to get rolling right at the top, but then you have to shut off your ignition. Leave some space between the cars so you aren't crowded. It's a bitch if you have vac assisted brakes, but have some balls. If your a puss, then you can stick it in neutral to keep it going so you have brakes.

There are a couple of flat spots as you follow down by Star Hill Road and come out onto the Ridge there, so you really want to stay off the brakes at all cost or you will stall out. If you have to fire your engine or stick it back in gear... YOU LOSE! You might only be going a couple mile an hour, until you run out on the end of the ridge, but then hang on because you will start picking up speed. Some of the corners down there are blind and it gets really narrow, but try to stay off the brakes. It you have to use brakes just give them a quick stab to scrub off speed, just as you crank on the wheel and pitch it there. If you trail the brakes you will lose all your momentum.

Eventually you will get down to the bottom and see Lobitos Creek cut off. Keep going and by that time it starts to flatten out and you will have had enough fun with that. Re-fire and rip the rest of Tunitas past the horse barns until you come to the Cabrillo Highway 1.

Turn south or left and proceed up the long grade by Tunitas Beach. As you crest the hill there in about a mile, look for Stage Road to come in on the Left. There are some really nice sets of twisties to rip right in there. Stop at the San Gregorio Store and take some more oics! (If you miss Stage Road and blast past it, then turn up at the bottom of 84 there and stop at the Store).

Continue across 84 on Stage Road right there by to old abandoned gas station. Apply throttle and burn some gas and rubber. After a bunch of miles you will get to the some straight sections. The first one is lined with Eucalyptus trees. You should be able to get over a hundred or you aren't really having fun, know what I'm sayin'. You will come into Pescadero the back way. Good place to stop and the only place to get gas around there. More oics!

Talk about what you want to do from there... wether you want to go up Alpine Road or go back to La Honda and up or 84. If you are hard core then you will want to rip Alpine.

Turn up Pescadero Road and rip it until you get to Sam Mc Donald Park and the intersection of Alpine. Either go right onto the bottom of Alpine, I think it says Portola Park... or keep left past the Sherrif's Honor Camp and back to La Honda.

I you get to rip Alpine, when you get to the top back on Skyline/35... you can run it back north to Alice's and down 84 to Woodside, or keep going up onto King's Mountain and down Skyline to 92 and so forth.

Again, if you are hard core... you ain't broken anything or blew up yet... at the top of Alpine, cross over and blast down Page Mill Road back to 280.

Of course you can do the whole lap backwards and start from the bottom of Page Mill and 280, and run the lap the other way!! :cool:

You fuckers... I miss San Mateo County so much. If I get back down there next summer, I swear I'll get a run together. Maybe run down to Laguna Seca for the ALMS races. Rip the end of Skyline past Highway 9 and down the Old San Jose/Soquel Road. :D

Remeber my admonitions to y'all... RIDE FAST & TAKE CHANCES!!!! :P :P

oh no tyler come on man u have my number a call could be nice didnt even know about this untill now waching this event here on ratsun

u know i am open to any realted things about datsunssssssssssssss some posts at craigs and some text would make the crew biger hope u call me next time pls i dont check compu very often i work to much any ways pics look great

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I grew up in San Carlos and I used to head up there almost every weekend in my old 510. I live up in Sonora now, but i sure would like to make a run with you guys as long as you dont mind an old 521 tagging along.

Hey, I grew up in San Carlos and I used to head up there almost every weekend in my old 510. I live up in Sonora now, but i sure would like to make a run with you guys as long as you dont mind an old 521 tagging along.

Hey, I don't care if you're driving an old Datsun forklift, we would be happy to have you along.

• 4 weeks later...