How Do I Install a Turbo in my SSS Engine?

BayAreaDimer

those are generic/crap kits for any/every car

Missing the point. Newbie asked where to start. The kit would give him a starting point. He could even buy a used turbo kit and toss the turbo.

I've installed three different turbos on my MR2, two on my Supra, and a turbo kit on a 74 Datsun truck. Did them all to go faster. Can I ask how many you have installed?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool turbo "kit" bro:

310200727_o.gif?nc=281

How is this even legal??? ..... the Datsun 710 turbo kit comes with a T3/T4 turbo

And the "JDM START TWIN TURBO KIT COLORADO CHEROKEE WRANGLER 4X4".... comes with two T3/T4 turbos with the exact same compressor specs:

Here is the "FORD F-150 ALL YEAR T3/T4 TURBO/CHARGER TURBO KIT"

310200727_o.gif?nc=281

Really??? every year F-150 uses the same turbo as every year Z car,, and every year Datsun,,, and evey year Honda????

Missing the point. Newbie asked where to start. The kit would give him a starting point. He could even buy a used turbo kit and toss the turbo.

I've installed three different turbos on my MR2, two on my Supra, and a turbo kit on a 74 Datsun truck. Did them all to go faster.

How's the fourth turbo kit on the MR2 coming along????........... and how is a $499 intercooler and hose clamps a good start????

how about just doing ram air? Make a headlight bucket the air intake.

if those are the kits your are buying, I can see why you needed to buy three for one car and two for the other :rofl:

Actually I only installed a kit on a 74 620. It was from Crown Manuacturing in Newport Beach. That kit was good quality and before Ebay. I blew the motor up because I didn't know the relationship between boost and an open exhaust :) It was fun while it lasted.

I have installed three different turbos on the MR2. I haven't found the right combination of flow characteristics for the 2.2 liter stroker motor. I had this in it for a while but pulled it because it didn't have enough bottom end torque:

http://i1207.photobu...strokerdyno.jpg

http://i1207.photobu...trokerbuild.jpg

By-the-way, nice write-up about the restoration of your 521.

YES! where can i get one of those? i cant find anything on the web or at swap meets, anyone know where they sell them?

Are you referring to the Crown Manufacturing tutbo kit? They don't make them anymore. My brother may still have the kit but I doubt the Rayjay turbo works. You would be better off replacing it with a decent brand T3/T4 ball-bearing turbo. I'll see if he still has it in the box. I gave him my truck with it on.