I've Read This A Couple Times

http://community.rat...l-motors-4-cyl/

And Thinking Of HEI

This Is What I Have

MSD Blaster 2

DSC02761.jpg

Stock Dizzy?

DSC02770.jpg

Do I Do Anything To This Of Do I Leave It Alone?

DSC02762.jpg

Or Do Basically I Just Need To Get A HEI And Wire It Up Like This With MSD Coil?:unsure:

HEI.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If all you're looking to do is upgrade the coil, then you should just be able to replace the stock coil with it. If you're looking for some other kind of upgrade, you could replace that remote ignitor box with an HEI unit, or replace the whole thing with a matchbox coil. But if all you want is the coil, it should wire up like the stock one. I believe that thread you linked to is more for people with L-series that have points, you should be fine to keep the remote triggered dizzy.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes you can run that MSD coil inplace of your stock EI coil. I assume its for the BLING factor as I think the Japanese coils are good already.(maybe if not better).The hp upgrade will be in ones mind more than at the rear wheel on this one

I would watch these companies now. even Accell has outsourced its super stock series coils to CHINA

the MSD Blaster 2 is I believe a .7 ohm coil and for points would need to add a ballast to close close to 1.6 ohms on a stock datsun sytem.PLUS using the already stock ballast with it for a total of about 3.2 ohms