BC0211

Tacomaboy

So my head guy lays the cams today and calls saying WTF,is with the now intake cam ......end shaft? It's about -.042 than the capped journal. Ah sheite I reply. After an e-mail to Crower they reply that it's machined that way sence the later style heads dont use that part of the shaft either. What. No oil hole either. Yep thats the way they are. Is this true to the rest of us using them?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. I go the word on this. The Crower Cam for the KA series are manufactured to be used on FWD,RWD and later versions of the same head. The stub end of the ex. cam which is actually used for the intake was -.042 Meaning that it made no contact with the cam journal.It's designed that way ,on later version KA heads,that journal dose'nt even exuist.. Confused? Not now.

Good point. For future reference it shall be known to all that under construction in my shop is my 70' 1600. I have already removed and sold off the stocker 1600/4spd.combo. My replacement engine is a KADE with 5 spd.which is about 65% complete in rebuild state.I'm also in process of upgrading fuel delivery. In tank pump/sending unit from 96 Maxima. 200SX rear DB conversion, probably 4 piston wilwood's up front backed by 260 ZX 7/8" Ma cylinder. Sorry for lack of info.