Remember this guy?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I sometimes forget how much of a tin can the Z is. The article didn't really say how fast the truck was going, but if they said it was a "180° turn on-ramp" he couldn't have been going that fast.

yup, datto metal is thin. glad mines getting a roll cage :lol:

The driver of the truck was at fault! Theres plenty of straight away before the light! And there are two lanes! Now the states insurance is gonna hafta pay cause some Idiot hit a car cause he was dumb? Sucks for the PARApalegic but the state should not be responsible for this!

Fault? The fact is that the guy driving the truck had plenty of time to see the Z car! Why do people always hole the government responsible for peoples mistakes? To what end? Suing the state will help Nothing, its not gonna prevent car accidents! <_< And the light is on an on-ramp! Watch the video....

I feel bad for the guy who's a quadripalegic, but the guy driving the truck is at fault regardless of shit design of the on ramp. Anyone driving an old ass small car ought to know to watch the rear view. I feel safer in my 510 than in the Miata when I had it. That thing was a roller skate and NO ONE saw it. Pretend you're a motorcycle when you're driving it and you do fine.

The big problem is no amount of money can fix the guy's life, but apparently $30 mil is a good start. That is entirely bullshit. Suing shouldn't even be allowed except to repair property or cover medical bills. Guess who picks up that $30 million tab? You and me. You think the state picks apples for it's money? Anytime ANYONE sues, it comes out of everyone else's pockets. There are some times it's warranted, but other times you just have to say oh shit, life's not fair, and move on with it. I'm not saying the guy got dealt a shit hand but you either take it in stride or get pissed off and beg for money.

This goes back to my Datsun guru's and my discussion of how everything in life is ultimately your own fault. Case in point. He didn't watch the rear view on a tight turn, he didn't hit the gas, and therefore got rear-ended. It's not fair, mind you, but it's still your fault in the grand scheme of things.

That said, I sure hope the guy can beat the odds and walk again.