SR20DE+T. Should I do it

Aaron Datsun

SR20 worth it or just fanboy?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. IS the SR20 really worth the extra price premium it carries especially for the small size of a 510. Bare in mind I won't be upgrading the crap out of this engine as I want daily driveability

I just got my 510 it is super clean, it has a ka24e along with a 5spd out of a 97 nissan pickup. There is a guy selling an SR20 with a turbo no ECU with a 5spd for 600.

Is the SR20 worth it, I mean I wouldn't be swapping probably until next summer at the earliest.

Can I reuse anything from the KA swap? I am thinking about in the future picking up a KA24DE for cheap, since they are a dime a dozen.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a factory SR20DE motor, that they have yet to install, and they have a turbo. I was thinking Megasquirt as I have it on my Z and I like it. I know this question has been played out and I probably shouldn't have even posted the question. I still have to figure out whether I could even convince the wife :D

KA +T?

you gotta watch temp and boost levels with DE's thanks to their higher compression

its been done though and some not bad results but if you want turbo its generally better to buy a DET

for the effort of a DE swap plus turbo, could turbo your KA instead? still need to take it easy with boost and be careful with the install but would work out better than an SR id reckon

Your better of waiting for a nice and Good SR20DET. You will save alot more then Turboing a SR20DE. Your looking at a 70 HP difference between the SR20DET vs the SR20DE. Also the DET has a bigger Oil Pump, Oil Squirter Piston Coolers, Bigger Injectors and Direct Ignition. Vs DE doesnt have any of that.

GO with a TWIN TURBO 13B ROTARY ENGINE!!! :hyper: