New here, auto-mans. ques..

:D Hey you guys im new here, BTW great forum!! umm.. im sorry if im posting in the wrong section? anyways i just have a couple questions. im picking up a 80' 210 dat. and it is auto. i want to convert to manual and i have exp. doing conversions but not on datsuns but on hondas.. is there anything that would need to be cut welded i.e. pedal assembly or tranns? or does the pedal assembly bolt on or wat im not too sure so any info would be a great help or is there a how to page on there if yu can link meee!!! thanks guys

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok

You need the pedals from a manual car, master cylinder, hard lines & soft lines for it, slave cylinder. You need a flyhweel, and a matching clutch kit, and a manual trans. If the trans is not the same length as the auto, you will need to lengthen or shorten your driveline.

There should be no cutting involve, you *may* have to punch out the hole for the master cylinder. Dont have a 210, cant tell you.

So I might have to punch out a hole for the mastr cyl.. And shorten the drive shaft what do yu mean n what about shiftlinkage or there is none? Im sorry for these questions as im used to fwd hondas. Also is there a engine harness n chassis harness with a ecu that I would have to changee?? And the pics are coming soon btw G)

The '80 would be carburetor so no EFI involved.

Sometimes the auto and standard transmissions are different lengths so your auto drive shaft may be too long or short. The best thing is to buy a scrap 210 with 4 or 5 speed in it and you will have everything you need for the swap including the drive shaft.

Usually there is a hole for the clutch master cylinder in every car. Autos have a small cover plate. Just look to the left of the brake booster.