521 alternator wiring and front signals....

SRSANDS

Ok, I got the 521 alternator in, got the T plug wired up. Now in the factory 1969 factory harness there is only one white wire coming down to the alt. Its not a large gauge wire either. I am assuming this is the white that connects to the "A" post on the alt and feeds to the volt reg but isnt there also another Large Gauge white thats suppose to be in the harness in this area that goes from the "A" post to the BATT and the starter and a fusible link? Is this a seperate running wire that not in the loom of wires and Im just missing it? I have a thicker Gauge BLACK in that are but that of course should be a ground....I unraveled the harness far up just to check if the previous owner spliced in a different color wire at one time but Im pretty damn sure its factory harness wrap so it must be a ground. Does the factory harness have a ground in it that grounds the casing of the alt? So where is the LARGE GAUGE? am I suppose to have one?

Another question is where do the wires run in the bay for the front turn signals???? I have my head lights and tails working but cant find the wires to plg the fronts in? I know is green this and green that but not of my greens have power with the key on???? One half pull of the light knob should turn these on right??? I looked at digrams all night and test lighted all my wires and cant find these ones.....also without them wired in my rear blinkers wont work...I am assuming its because Im not generating enough of a load on the flasher to work......anyways...the truck is liscensed and I have a few small things to do before I can take it for a spin so let me know if you have some pointers or can tell me how to test everything so I can drive this thing!!!!

Oh and I got a BLACK WITH YELLOW wire up by my coil.......not connectoed....The coil has a power wire and B from the match box and the negative only has the other wire from the dizz.....does black with yellow go to the neg on the coil? What does it do

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt the wiring in Olddatsuns.com

blk/yel is usually the stat. But Just put the key ignition ON and see what powers up. and also the hot start wire.

the stat wire will get 12volt also..

the minus coil wire you can just make a new one and route to coil and matchbox(if that what you going to run)

damn I am L motor newb....and I did look at old datsuns.com that is where I see what I dont have. If you look at the schematic in the starter-alt area you see a White going to the alternator, you then see another White that runs from the A post direct to the starter post, I have no additional wires to the starter except battery and spade so I know that small gauge white isnt spliced up in the harness and go to the starter. Im thinking at one time it was was a solo wire out of the loom but Im ot sure.....can you look at your alt...is there a thick wire running solo to the batt on the starter....?

Isnt the wiring in Olddatsuns.com

blk/yel is usually the stat. But Just put the key ignition ON and see what powers up. and also the hot start wire.

the stat wire will get 12volt also..

the minus coil wire you can just make a new one and route to coil and matchbox(if that what you going to run)

Hot start wire? The coil works, its wired correct.....the truck runs but I dont think the alt is charging thins yet