well sad times, selling 72 510 4dr

I got a 1972 Datsun 510 4dr 1.6L 4 speed, weber carb, new tires, runs and drives great, sentra full interior. ok I drove it in to work the other day (110 miles rounds trip). and realize that my back take the stiff ride anymore. so just see what offer I will get. NO LOW BALLERS keep your offers above $2500

Looking for:

toyota corolla ae86

toyota 4runner

toyota pick-up 4x4

honda civic 92+ no 4dr's

nissan pick-up 4x4

nissan 240sx

suzuki samurai, sidekick

jeep wrangler

or???? ALL offer considered. as long as they aren't junk.

e-mail jzmudbogger@yahoo.com

cell 206-228-6813

bucket.jpg

510after.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove it in to work the other day (110 miles rounds trip). and realize that my back take the stiff ride anymore.

Looking for:

toyota corolla ae86

toyota 4runner

toyota pick-up 4x4

honda civic 92+ no 4dr's

nissan pick-up 4x4

nissan 240sx

suzuki samurai, sidekick

jeep wrangler

or???? ALL offer considered. as long as they aren't junk.

Why?

I think I am just bored of it. i don't want to but i would like to get a different commuter.

Your second comment makes more sense cuz if your back can't handle the dime, it sure won't like a 4x4, especially the Toyota. :cool:

I dont know you but if you were me this is what I would say to myself.

If you do sell the dime and buy one of any of those rigs wouldnt you put the parts into them to make them handle better? Other then the 4X4's the cars would agian be stiff riding. The 4X4's are stiff enough but not as bad stock. If you do get another, get the Jeep......U can take the top off in the summer and get your Christmas tree in the winter!

Just something to think about :rolleyes:

I am really into wheeling/rockcrawling, have been for 5 some years now. since I bashed the $hit out of my yota I can't drive it on the streets anymore. would like to get another yota I can daily drive. but now I got offered a 72 2dr that I might trade for, I know it kind of beats the purpose of my getting rid of the dime, but hey I always wanted a 2dr. but I am just testing the waters out there see if there is a rig that catches my eyes. wrinkled.jpg

If you get the 2 door just set it up more as a commuter, trust me I feel your pain. I have a doctors note to prove it, my back and hips are fucked :D Just make sure to get some soft suspension and a comfy seat :D

I do like that toyota in the pic though! I had a 86.5 720 4x4 it was bad ass! I love smashing it and climbing hills, I almost got a 620 4x4 but I figured I shouldn't since I should be getting another 68 2 door soon and 5 datto's is enough :D haha

I would like to have the 2 door and the guy wants a 4 door so it all works out. but the suspension on the 4 door is harsh, i mean stiff the civic coilover I have under the car handles badass but there is no give to them.

ice you pretty familiar to su's? if this deal go through i might have to put them on.

I dont know whats the big deal about 2 doors? Yeah find a nice one. youll pay for it!

There isnt that many left and who would want to part with them if they have a 2dr.

Thats a straight 4door, I say keep it. Why cause it straight and no rust.( i think there is no rust) Be happy that you have a straight 510. MY beater isnt that straight

but if you sell it ,sell it AS IS dont be swapping SUs on there unless the new owner or you know what your doing. Most are old junk by now. The DGV is more reliable.

realize that my back take the stiff ride anymore(whats a straight axle Toyota?)SOFT?

put the stock suspension back on! Should have thought about that before installing those.

really you just want to get rid of it. and get a 4x4. How I know? Cause I have the same thoughts but would never give up a straight 510 to do it(there just isnt that many left). As most of those other cars/trucks you picked from are plentiful enough to be disposeible(Like my Jeep Cherokee)

if this is a true rust free car on the outside(floorboards are fixable) then I would sell the car 3K$ no less to keep the lower pay scale types from getting it (why I say this) Cause once its broke its on the side of thehouse FOREVER due to lack of funds. Then Jeff Hino picks them up for $250 after its Rotted out Fixes it up and sell it to a guy for 4K$ who should have bought it in the first place(after watching a 510 on SuperTuner TV).

I almost got a 620 4x4 but I figured I shouldn't since I should be getting another 68 2 door soon and 5 datto's is enough :D haha

Never happen. Why? Read on...

if this is a true rust free car on the outside (floorboards are fixable) then I would sell the car 3K$ no less to keep the lower pay scale types from getting it (why I say this) Cause once its broke its on the side of the house FOREVER due to lack of funds. Then Jeff Hino picks them up for $250 after its Rotted out Fixes it up and sell it to a guy for 4K$ who should have bought it in the first place (after watching a 510 on SuperTuner TV).

:w00t:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.