Need L20B smogless intake and exhaust

I bought a 76 620 and I'm doing a timing chain/head gasket and the intake/exhaust on this thing is ridiculous. It's a great example of how wrong the industry went with carbs in the 70s and 80s. I'm in Corvallis. Let me know if you have anything cleaner than the stock setup.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you worried about? It will run exactly the same, smog or smogless. The only thing 'smog' about them is the EGR valve and tubing and the air injection on some. The air pump has no effect on performance i just pumps air into the exhaust. Cut the belt on the pump. EGR is easily disconnected but I can't tell the difference with or without.

What you worried about? It will run exactly the same, smog or smogless. The only thing 'smog' about them is the EGR valve and tubing and the air injection on some. The air pump has no effect on performance i just pumps air into the exhaust. Cut the belt on the pump. EGR is easily disconnected but I can't tell the difference with or without.

I'm mostly bothered by clutter. A bunch of useless (actually-it's more a problem than problem solver running a ton of vacuum and heat risers) stuff just gets in the way of everything. It's such a basic truck, I want the engine-carb to resemble the rest of it.

they never made one your title should read need l16/18 smogless intake ;)

Thanks for the correction. Any swap info? #s and models? Specific years I should look for? Sorry for the lack of knowledge :unsure: Coming from a 50s-70s American car background and it seems alot easier to find info on them. So, obviously if you have any good places to study up, I'd appreciate it.

just go get the intake and exhaust off and L16/18.

just go check any late 60's-70's datsun in the JY and see if they have an L motor.

or just put up a parts wanted add on the forum

top end of the motors are identical so they will bolt right up.

just make sure to cut the collector off with the exhaust mani, there a 3 bolt and the L20 is 2

Guest DatsuNoob

You'd be looking for early 620's primarily because they're most common. There's one locally, but I dont wanna pull it if you end up not wanting it, because I cant do anything with L series stuff and I dont wanna get stuck with it :D Let us know what you decide.

Thanks for the correction. Any swap info? #s and models? Specific years I should look for? Sorry for the lack of knowledge :unsure: Coming from a 50s-70s American car background and it seems alot easier to find info on them. So, obviously if you have any good places to study up, I'd appreciate it.

http://community.ratsun.net/forum/4-general-discussion/

Lots of god stuf here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.