Lowering my 79 KC

justin 620

Hello again! Today I just lowered my truck :lol: but I have a problem, the 3in blocks are the only thing I could find for it, and they just aren't enough, does anybody know of any other ways to lower it more? I wanna stay away from getting rid of a leaf, and new wheels and tires are a lil outta my pay range at the moment.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.......well there are 4" blocks, wich i am not proud to say i have done on a datsun before and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. As far as a cheap easy way for now to get it lower pulling a leaf ar 2 id the only option. There are several places that can re-arch your leaf springs and get you down more.......but with 3 inch blocks a fellow already has to remove/modify the bump stops, any lower and you really want to be looking to notching the frame (known as a c-notch) above the axle.

I have 3 inch angled blocks on my current 620 longbox and am hauling wood with it right now.......its still low and sweet looking and functional!

Good luck

Bill

p.s. you can se pic of my truck in the 620 static drop thread.

Or switch to 720 4x4 leaf springs for 1"-1.5" inches lower

Do you know where i could find some? I've searched this site for them and just can't seem to find them, and in my area there aren't many car yards with Datsuns or any sort laying around...

Guest kamakazi620

Do you know where i could find some? I've searched this site for them and just can't seem to find them, and in my area there aren't many car yards with Datsuns or any sort laying around...

Yeah I do actually, Boring classic u pull u save