Calling all artists

Hey guys, I was talking to phiz the other day about my 521 and he was saying he thought I should leave my truck just as it is and just paint some kind of old school service truck logo on the door. I had also been thinking of this before and I am really starting to like the idea. Would save a lot of $$$ just waxing the hell out of it and leaving it at that. So as I'm not very artistic, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Maybe something that incorporates ratsun or datsun or....??? with a logo or a rat and wrenches or???? This might sound really stupid but I was thinking of the business name being dirty dave's and have a caricature of me with a rat and wrenches on my work shirt....yeah, I know i'm retarded. Or do you guys think it is a totally stupid idea? And if someone comes up with something, the next order of business would be is there anyone in the socal area that would be interested in painting it on the truck? I got this truck about a year ago and brought it back to life. It had been sitting since the 80s, even had the stock rims with bias plys on it still and a desert mural sticker int the back window. Here are some pics of my 70s flashback, not taken by me, hope no one minds i linked to there photos....

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

SoCalROC_ToyDriveDHM066-datsun521Truck_nissan1.jpg

And here is a pic of me for my retarded caricature idea, im on the right

IMG_8539.jpg

and here is a pic I found on google that is kinda what I'm talking about but I was thinking of a logo too.

Old%20service%20truck,%20November%2022,%202006.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo Stealer! You sir, are whats wrong with this country! :P

Cereal though, thats a cool ass idea! Maby your head, just a little creepier! ;) With cross wrenches? Love old service truck door art! You could even do "Dirty Dave" on the tailgate thingey! :D

Im down for helping you paint whatever you want on there. I can make up a stencil of whatever you decide on and I can paint it on there like Skib did with the rat n wrenches on my Z a while back. I've painted 4 cars, all looked legit :cool: and I enjoy it. AND it'd be funny

Heres my Z with the rat n wrenches

zzzzz.jpg

Im down for helping you paint whatever you want on there. I can make up a stencil of whatever you decide on and I can paint it on there like Skib did with the rat n wrenches on my Z a while back. I've painted 4 cars, all looked legit :cool: and I enjoy it. AND it'd be funny

Heres my Z with the rat n wrenches

zzzzz.jpg

That would be cool Megan, ill have to take you up on that. Did you paint your z yet?

Guest DatsuNoob

I had talked about doing this a while back. I was thinking it could be done in acrylic water based paint, then partially rinsed off in places, and satin or flat cleared for the weathered patina look :cool: