Tach not working. Help?

metalmonkey47

I finished wiring my tach into my 210 (generic ebay tach) and followed the supplied directions. Red to switched 12V, black to ground, green to coil -. I get no signal. The tach seems to work fine since I get 12 volts and can move the needle around with the adjustment for the shift light.

Can anyone shed some light? Not sure If I did something wrong or not.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get your tach running??

Be sure to check Amazon.com before you buy anything on EBAY. Quite often its cheaper and you get free shipping. I saved big on a Sunpro tachometer from Amazon saved 30%, and got free shipping. It worked the first time. I did read the directions before I started installation :P . Hope you got your generic tach working. I'm doing 2900 rpms at 55, 3400 at 65 and 3900 at 75. I'd like to know if you get the same readings.

CIMG0229.jpg

Well, unfortunatly I didn't get it working :( No idea why, which is too bad because I like the style tach that I have here. I suppose I will end up going to Amazon to find a new tach :P Or maybe craigslist for a used one.

Go with a nice 5" inch Monster Autometer Tach. Very easy to install. Green- to NEGATIVE on Coil, Black- GROUND, White- Back Light,

Red- 12 Volt Switch. I just redid all my gauges including speedometer from an 82 Rx7.

I have from left to right: Oil Pressure Gauge, Speedometer, VDO Fuel Gauge, and Autometer Phantom Water Temperature.

Photo0186.jpg

Photo0185.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

• Like 1

:blink:

Did the RX7 speedo fit the stock cable? I have one sitting in a gauge cluster from a 1982 RX7 right next to me I've been looking at..

Both the speedo cable and Speedometer are from a 82 GS Rx7. The cable fit perfectly on the Stock Tranny. Im not sure if the Stock Datsun cable will work with the Rx7 SPeedo, try it. See if it clips on the back of the speedo.

Im looking for a 120mph Rx7 Speedo Instead. They came on the GSL-SE