Group B rally cars.

So I'm a long time group B rally fanatic.

Basically unlimited power restriction....just has to resemble the original car.

starting out this thread with an awesome video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJVZO9xUB4&feature=sub

Peugeot race car:

peugot-205-groupb-1.jpg

Homologation "production" vehicle for above race car:

peugeot-205-t16-2.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grew up on coast during the 80s we used to walk miles just to see a couple a seconds of screamin cars,and spend half the night watchin them work on them in Westport hoping to get a castoff tire or somethin TOYOTA OLYMPUS RULED!! My wife still wouldn`t let me name our first kid Juha but she does let me keep this in the house albeit folded up..car007.jpg and note 80s vintage world rally dirt car008.jpg

Grew up on coast during the 80s we used to walk miles just to see a couple a seconds of screamin cars,and spend half the night watchin them work on them in Westport hoping to get a castoff tire or somethin TOYOTA OLYMPUS RULED!! My wife still wouldn`t let me name our first kid Juha but she does let me keep this in the house albeit folded up..

THAT IS AWESOME!

No the restrictions happened after a few very bad deaths where great rally racers ate it because the cars were faster than human reaction times. Spectators in the way has always been a problem, though I think the WRC is getting more on top of that, as even in Europe people getting killed by racing is seen as a problem. Used to not be though. Spectator safety is one of the reasons rally in the US didn't get going nearly as much. We're overly concerned with safety, and one spectator getting clipped and killed here is enough to practicly shut down the sport.

I really do think there needs to be supervision just because it doesn't matter where you are, people are stupid, and many choose to watch way too close and often don't have enough distance between the rally cars and their observation point. And some like to watch right where the car would end up if it misses the corner. Hell, we almost got taken out due to a driver error at the Olypus, sorry, not Wild West, (that was the year it got moved.) some years back. Co-driver said right, driver went left and we were road marshalling. Got to watch the car turn at us, then instant correct and go back the other way. Enough to get your adrenaline going. I was figuring out which way to jump! That's Tanner Foust by the way.

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg