brake fittings

Voleurz

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

300zx master cylinder 300zx calipers and trooper rear brakes.

i will use a line wrench ill be doing it al at once since this is my d/d im trying to cut down the trips to the parts store as much as i can since its a pain in the ass. soi get absolutely everything i need.

think the brake lines will bolt up to the calipers and master cylinder?

Small suggestion. Do Not use a cheapo line wrench. It is completely worth spending a few extra buck and getting the good ones. My personal favorite brand of line wrench is Snap On. But I have a couple of MAC wrench that seem to work fine also. I also have a couple of Craftsman line wrench that seem to work good, and are a little more readily available unless a tool truck comes to your work.

Jason

He's using Finelines/Beebanis adapter plates to mount the calipers to his kingpin front suspension and the rear axle. The master cylinder has to have the mount holes ovaled and the pushrod has to be shortend a bit. The disc's slip over the hubs and the axle flanges. Other than that, yes it's bolt on.

Small suggestion. Do Not use a cheapo line wrench. It is completely worth spending a few extra buck and getting the good ones. My personal favorite brand of line wrench is Snap On. But I have a couple of MAC wrench that seem to work fine also. I also have a couple of Craftsman line wrench that seem to work good, and are a little more readily available unless a tool truck comes to your work.

Jason

wasnt planning on cheaping out on tools haha

i guess ill see if everything has the same size fittings. cant see why not althoughb it wouldnt suprise me if they gone and made everything complicated

10mm fittings are pretty common, even my japanese motorcycles have 10mm fittings. when i bought my line wrenches, i bought 2, one is 9 & 11mm and the other is 10 & 12mm...that way i knew i would have enough to get the job done if i was a little off on guessing the size. I like yellow's idea of running new lines, but then you are going to have to get a double flaring set and stuff like that. you can clean a vehicle up a LOT with custom lines thought!

I used a Harbor freight double flaring tool, and it actually worked very well, plus it was only like $15 or so. Their line wrenches are crap though. They have a couple benders for the brake line, which work well enough, and are cheap. I have a sweet Swagelock brand bender for my job, but $100, it's not cheap. Running new lines, and making nice radius bends does a LOT to clean up an engine bay. Plus, once you run a couple bends, a few flares, and see how easy it is, you'll be wondering why you didn't try this sooner.

ok, i will get myself one of the brake line tool sets.

so my next question is aprox how much line should i get.

i have to get almost all the parts before hand as its my D/D and i cant just walk to the nearest parts store unless i want to spend a whole day doing so