weber carbs

justin 620

hello again! i have a hitachi carb that came with my l20b, but it's having major problems that i can't figure out, so i'm gonna do what i've been wanting to do for a while, which is get a new weber carb.

the problem is, there are two versions available (32/36 DGV and the 32/36 DGEV) i can't see much of a difference in the them from the pics, and any that i do see i'm not sure what it is. if anybody could tell me the difference or maybe help me decide what to get i'd enjoy the insight : )

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello again! i have a hitachi carb that came with my l20b, but it's having major problems that i can't figure out, so i'm gonna do what i've been wanting to o for a while, which is get a new weber carb. the problem i'm having is which type to get and weber isn't helping me, at all.

the problem is, there are two versions available (32/36 DGV and the 32/36 DGEV) i can't see much of a difference in the them from the pics, and any that i do see i'm not sure what it is. if anybody could tell me the difference or maybe help me decide what to get i'd enjoy the insight : )

DGV is manual choke I believe? I think DGEV is electric.

thank you, which do you think would be better? i know electrics are nicer, but i've always had problems with them and never really liked them too much... but are manuals any better?

Same style carb, just a manual choke. They are just nice and simple. The electric choke models take a lot of adjusting to get "right" in my opinion.

thank you, which do you think would be better? i know electrics are nicer, but i've always had problems with them and never really liked them too much... but are manuals any better?

Manuals are about as good as you are lol

Since you control it, you can't really get it wrong once you get a feel for it.

Same style carb, just a manual choke. They are just nice and simple. The electric choke models take a lot of adjusting to get "right" in my opinion.

thanks! i think i'm gonna get the manual one, i just need to find out where to run the cable for it... ha

I've never had any problems with the electric choke ones. Adjustment is easy- on a nice 60 degree day or so and a stone cold engine, turn the heater coil over until the choke is JUST closed. Not shut hard or slightly open- just "closed". If it tends to die as it warms up, adjust it a little more firmly closed. But be sure it opens fully when warm.

Same rule with a stock Hitachi.

I've never had any problems with the electric choke ones. Adjustment is easy- on a nice 60 degree day or so and a stone cold engine, turn the heater coil over until the choke is JUST closed. Not shut hard or slightly open- just "closed". If it tends to die as it warms up, adjust it a little more firmly closed. But be sure it opens fully when warm.

Same rule with a stock Hitachi.

yeah but its that fast idle cam adjusting screw that always screws with everyone. then if not peerrrfect the thing kicks down too early everytime. there not that easy to adjust. i rarely see them working right in any ride.

my idle cam will drop down before the engine is warmed up and will idle low/poorly and i will tap the gas pedal and the fast idle cam will catch again. i hate it.

you could spend hours tweeking it just right but you cant because its in the process of warming up and always changing. you get one chance when it's cold then you may as well wait till tomorrow to try again.